Numbness in thigh?!

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cmm1280

Numbness in thigh?!

#1 Post by cmm1280 »

Hi everyone,
I had BSSO (lower jaw advancement) surgery on Tuesday. I've had absolutely no problems and recovery has gone very smoothly. I will be going in to see my surgeon for my one week follow up this Tuesday. I have one question to ask him though, that has just recently sparked my curiosity. I vaguely remember after the surgery (probably in recovery) someone giving me an injection in my thigh for something. I only remembered this a few days later when I noticed that my right thigh had a numb sensation. I don't recall what the injection was for, but I am wondering if anyone else knows what this might be related to. I'm still feeling this numbness almost a week later.

Thanks!

**Braced 22 months and 3 weeks. Estimated 24 months treatment time.

nesnob

Injection

#2 Post by nesnob »

Hi,

I was given a corticosteroid injection in the recovery room, in my back side no less.

My doctor told me the steroids were to help limit the swelling, and asked me where the nurses had injected me, as it had to be into a muscle.

So my guess would be that you were also given a similar injection, though I have no idea at all whether or why that would make you numb ... !?

ema27

#3 Post by ema27 »

Hi.I have out of hospital since yesterday after having bsso and genioplasty-i too have a pain in my thigh where they injected me with something.Theres nothing there that any one can see so the pain is inside the actual thigh.
So sorry i cant tell you what it was but i can tell you i had it too.... :D

cmm1280

#4 Post by cmm1280 »

This numbness has turn into PAIN. I spoke with the doctor about it and I found out that it is a Freaking LONG needle that they give you (usually in the buttocks) for pain right after the surgery. I'm telling you, I can't even sleep on my right side because it is so annoying. Hope this goes away soon!!

**Braced 22 months and 3 weeks. Estimated 24 months treatment time.