surgery tommorrow BSSO and genio-Eek -HOME WITH PICS

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ema27

surgery tommorrow BSSO and genio-Eek -HOME WITH PICS

#1 Post by ema27 »

So today at 7 pm i get admitted to hospital ready for my surgery in the morning.(hopefully first thing)Really nervous now and a little worried how i will feel directly after surgery.I had my wisdoms took out last year and i do remember being told that wisdoms were worse than the surgery.Although i cant believe that as the wisdoms being taken out were a breeze-i am clinging on to that hope lol!
Here are 2 pics -the first shows my overbite which seems huge to me !!!-the other is my side profile-and no sadly this is my nose -i blame my mum for my rather big nose but i cant change that!!

I am sorry if the pics are a bit big- when i click on small-it still comes up big.
Well today im a celebrating my 3 year olds birthday-its actually tommorrow but we are celebrating it a day early so i can eat the cake too...!
i will hopefully post just before i set off later but for now i have a birthday boy wanting his presents unwtrapped...
Last edited by ema27 on Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

loulou123

#2 Post by loulou123 »

Best Wishes, the day before the op is horrible for nerves isnt it? Do you know how far your having your lower jaw advanced? Your overbite is similar in appearance to mine pre op and mine was 13mm.

Good luck, look forward to hearing from you on the other side :D

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

http://adultwithbraces.blogspot.com/

ema27

#3 Post by ema27 »

Hi lou-lou.My surgeon reckons he will be moving the jaw forward by 6mm and up 3mm.To me 6mm doesnt seem enough but i have seen the after drawings and they seem ok.
I am nervous, worrying about silly things-looking forward to seeing the other side :D

phil

#4 Post by phil »

ema27,

Best wishes go with you. Remember to BREATHE.

Be well, and at peace,

Phil
There are no ordinary moments.
Check out my blog! http://pcadams.wordpress.com/

hedybleu

#5 Post by hedybleu »

Best of luck EMA27! The first few days after surgery can be rough, but just remember that it will get better and that it will be worth it. We'll all be here if you have any questions or concerns, so don't hesitate to ask :D
~ Hedybleu

chipmunkcheeks

#6 Post by chipmunkcheeks »

good luck! think positive!!!!! i cant wait to see the results!

Andantae

#7 Post by Andantae »

Best Wishes tomorrow ema27!

Update us when you can!
Braced 5-30-07 for 18-24 months
In-Ovation Uppers, Metal Lowers, TPA upper arch, Lower Lingual arch, no elastics.
100% Deep Bite, Crowding, Over Extrusion
BSSO & Genio surgery June 4th '08!

"Truth is a bully we all pretend to like." Gregory David Roberts -SHANTARAM

Mimmy

#8 Post by Mimmy »

All the best for tomorrow, well done on taking this big step!
Second time in braces!

Braced on 14th January 2009

Find my braces story here
Click here to visit my blog

tortor

#9 Post by tortor »

BEST OF LUCK!!! Please update us a.s.a.p.!

Thathrill

#10 Post by Thathrill »

Good luck and best wishes! Try to occupy yourself with something so you are not thinking too much. Pretty soon it will all be over and you will be on your way to that perfect bite
Brace date: 5/2/2007
Debanding date: 1/14/2009
Ceramic Braces: 20 months
Currently in clear Essix retainers at night

My Blog: http://jjfan1.blogspot.com

ema27

the other side yes i made it

#11 Post by ema27 »

just a quick note to say all is well.I am still at the hospital-home tommorrow :D.not in any pain just frustratd that i cant talk.Tight elastic until thursday.The surgon said all went well.gosh missing my fella and kids...i will post more indetail tommorrow.

chipmunkcheeks

:P

#12 Post by chipmunkcheeks »

congrats! you did it! i know youre frustrated, but just think! its all recovery from here on out and then its all over.

phil

#13 Post by phil »

Congratulations, ema27!

You did it!

Remember to be kind to yourself...do all those things that you now know to do, and be sure to ask for help when you need it.

Be well, and at peace,

Phil
There are no ordinary moments.
Check out my blog! http://pcadams.wordpress.com/

Steph-in-WI

#14 Post by Steph-in-WI »

Congrats and welcome to the other side!
See my complete braces and jaw surgery story at www.mycorrectivejawsurgery.blogspot.com

ema27

#15 Post by ema27 »

Hi all i came back from hospital earlier today so seeing as i dont feel too bad i will update you with what went on...
Friday morning i was first in at 9 o clock-got a bit scared as i was about to go under-Its that feeling that you wont wake up ,your kids wont see their mummy again.. well the surgeon said the surgery would take 4-5 hours i was in for 8.No idea what took so long i was asleep... :D
Woke up in recovery relieved to be awake- needed a wee straight away so im guessing no cathether was inserted.I was also told i would have a tube up my nose didnt wake up with that either.Overall the night wasnt too bad slept for most of the evening no elastics yet so i can fit a spoon in my mouth but tommorrow tight elastics will go on...No way as bad as i was expecting..
saturday
Today i felt drowsy on and on,already starving hungry and i can only suck through a straw.pins and needles and a very itchy face is the worse.I think i am scaring the other patients and they think im not going home tommorrow-the staff say different.My face is huge i almost dont look normal-.Surprised that no ice is given but apparently they use steriods in this hospital.
SUNDAY
home today-hanging around most of the morning waiting for medicines to be dispensed-looking forward to being at home with my bloke and kids...
Once i got home the house was spotless( my darling hubby),the kids were scared as i still had blood on my neck and the swelling is quite bad.My lips are like mike tysons!!!After a quick bath i kind of looked abit more normal-wish i could tell the kids how much i missed them and my fella but letters is all i can manage... :?
Next see the surgeon in 4 days so i am hoping for him to say everything is wonderful and things couldnt be better...
I will post some photos in a couple of days were hopefully you can tell the difference and i get less swollen
Dreaming of real food already -how will i manage...?
Oh yes i dribble like a baby too-how nice...