impacted canine surgery sometime this month....advice?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

papelbon416

impacted canine surgery sometime this month....advice?

#1 Post by papelbon416 »

i havent made my appointment yet, but im getting surgery sometime this month. my vampire tooth is stuck, and more than a year ago i got one of my teeth pulled to make room, now it it time to get surgery.
I was wondering if anyone could show me their stories or other peoples they have found.
i dont know what i'm in for recovery related.
thanksssss

Luella

#2 Post by Luella »

Talk to Fluffybottom- she just had this done. Here's the link to the thread on it: viewtopic.php?p=263888&highlight=#263888

I'm sure there are other people here that have had it done, Fluffy is just the one that immediately comes to mind! :wink:
~ Luella ~
Oral surgery assistant, Registered Dental Assistant, OMAAP Certified

papelbon416

#3 Post by papelbon416 »

thank you! i am having the surgery next wednesday under local anesthesia... ill probably look like a freak for a while with no front tooth.

metalgear84

#4 Post by metalgear84 »

Hey! I just had my exposures last friday---they removed boh canines...surgery wasn't bad at all. I wouldn't say you will feel any real pain but mostly discomfort...and depending how invasive it is, you might get a little swollen.

In my case, one of the canines was deep down the gum, so the surgeon had to dig to get to it. That cheek looks swollen....The other not at all...

My mouth feels like when you brush too hard and your gum is hurt. It's not unbearable, just uncomfortable.

Before the surgery, I was really nervous and scared...now that I think about it---unnecessary...

My best advice---just relax and try not to be self-conscious about the hole in the mouth.

Good luck! 8)

papelbon416

#5 Post by papelbon416 »

i had it this morning and i fell asleep when they were doing it, but after my mouth ached. good thing they perscribed me vicodin....
right now i just have the putty over the tooth but im going next week to get it out and something else,
thank you!!!

papelbon416

#6 Post by papelbon416 »

thanks guys!!!

i dont know if this will help in my treatment time but i went for my 1 week checkup today and the surgeon told me he made it so the tooth was actually out of my mouth a little bit, and that he usually does this with his patients. so i guess you can see some of my tooth but i wouldnt know cuz im leaving the putty over my gums in for one more week (he said if i took it out it would just look like a big wound)

papelbon416

NEW PICTURE

#7 Post by papelbon416 »

i just took my pputty off so here is the picture!
Last edited by papelbon416 on Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

papelbon416

#8 Post by papelbon416 »

and heres full mouth view.

papelbon416

#9 Post by papelbon416 »

thank you, i havent gone to the orthodontist yet so im not sure what he will say.
i think once it grows in ill have to shave some of the tooth so my smile wont be so uneven.
it sucks having no room in your mouth for any teeth.
and odd amounts, 25 haha

does anyone know someone who has their canine replacing the other front tooth like me? cuz i have tried to look into it but i cant find anything and i feel like i will look like a fool even after i get my braces off

papelbon416

UPDATE OCT 14

#10 Post by papelbon416 »

July 16th
Image\Image July 16th

before-above
after-below

October 14th Finally got a bracket! After pulling with clear string since July. My next appointment is in 6 weeks so we'll see how that goes.

ImageImage
Last edited by papelbon416 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ollielloyd

#11 Post by ollielloyd »

good photos...thats where about mine is, but its still covered with gum - just have 2 buttons pulling.

Best of luck, I have a feeling itll be down soon! :)

papelbon416

#12 Post by papelbon416 »

xx