Seattle People

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Rainy

Seattle People

#1 Post by Rainy »

Ok I had ruled out surgery totally after finding out two things. One the OS I went to see, will charge $12000 and he somehow expects me to pull it from my A$$. I had talked to some people at work who deal with insurance companies (I work in a hospital) and they all told me that my insurance would most likely cover a good majority of it, but If I found out the codes they (OS office) used, this one girl would run it through for me to find out how much. I called up OS office to ask and found out that they will want all the money up front. Then they will try to bill the insurance co. Lady says all the claims get denied. Girl at works says forget it, the OS wont fight for your case, they would have the money already.

Truthfully its not like I bonded with this OS. But the more and more I think about this whole adventure I want to do everything I can for the perfect bite. So I am asking for the names of the OS people you all seen. Except meryten, I know dr Bloomquest dosnt do surgeries any more.

Thanks

Rainy

ilovemacs

#2 Post by ilovemacs »

Good Luck, with that! :D

where2be

#3 Post by where2be »

Dr. B retired? Hmm...that's who my ortho sent me to for an initial consult a few months ago. My ortho didn't mentioned anything at my bracing, but yuck - i don't like change.

simplywired

#4 Post by simplywired »

Rainy - I just had surgery by Dr. Bloomquist on Sept. 24th and a friend of mine is scheduled for surgery by him in January '08. I was just at my post op and asked him specifically if he was planning to retire as a colleague, my dentist, is retiring in December. He said he had No Plans to retire. I think you should check this out further as you must have gotten wrong information. Also their office has a plan for patients without coverage and as far as I know, that still is the case.

where2be

#5 Post by where2be »

Whew!

bunnywich

#6 Post by bunnywich »

Rainy - which OS have you been seeing? I'm currently seeing Dr. Jessica Lee whom, as Meryaten informed me, was taught under Dr. Bloomquist. I'm pretty happy so far (surgery planned for early Jan.) except I will have to pay $12,000 out of pocket because my insurance specifically excludes orthognathic surgery.

Rainy

#7 Post by Rainy »

Thanks everyone, I tried to post on the weekend but the board would not let me. It was my dentist who said he was retiring but who knows.

Bunny its funny you mention Dr Lee. When I was at my adjustment on Thursday, someone was talking to my Ortho about upcoming surgery with a Dr lee. May be the same one.

I am gonna call around and ask up front if they do a pre authorization. The insurance girl I work with states you can get them to do a pre auth for up to one year. The only orthognathic surgery specficaly excluded on my plan book (which dosnt contain a lot of info ) is for vertical movement. Since mine would be horizontal I am hoping I can get by with it.

I will let you all know what happens

Rainy