It looks like I have a date...

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nvcarissa

It looks like I have a date...

#1 Post by nvcarissa »

June 21. That's what my OS has penciled in for me. I get impressions done (again) on May 8th, next adjustment on May 15th. I'll know for sure then if I can keep that date on my calendar.

Oy.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

nvcarissa

#2 Post by nvcarissa »

I'll keep you all posted. Gee, now that it looks like it might actually happen the butterflies are making a home in my stomach. :roll:

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

nvcarissa

#3 Post by nvcarissa »

I have had one set done already since I got my braces. Hoo boy...it was no fun. They don't exactly slide neatly off your teeth. I swear, the technician could have used a jack hammer to get them off. It felt like she was going to pull all my teeth out!!

Teigyr

#4 Post by Teigyr »

Nvcarissa,

Congrats!! I know about those butterflies...trust me! Good luck with the molds. Last time my technician used warmer water for the molds and they set pretty quickly (my concern #1) and because they set quickly, I wasn't in so much agony because it took them a while to come out (concern #2).

We kind of knew our surgeries would be right around the same time :D

nvcarissa

#5 Post by nvcarissa »

I got a letter from my OS with my surgery schedule today. Looks like they will see me two weeks before, for pre-surgical impressions :roll: , the week before surgery for history, physical and blood tests, and then a week later he does the deed. I have to check on a few things with my insurance company and make sure all my ducks are in a row.

Teigyr

#6 Post by Teigyr »

What will your surgical date be???

Two months is good. It gives you enough time to get things done. Of course it also gives you enough time to think too deeply about it!

I am so happy for you though -- it is always far better knowing when it'll be.

Jane

chrisk

#7 Post by chrisk »

Fantastic news nvcarissa. It makes a difference having a date to work towards as you have something to work towards.

Chris

nvcarissa

#8 Post by nvcarissa »

Sorry I haven't been by in a while. I have been super busy the last two weeks. All is a go with my insurance and now I am a little over a week away from when my ortho will confirm that I can indeed get the surgery done. Impressions next Monday and then on the 15th I see my ortho.

Getting close...

Teigyr

#9 Post by Teigyr »

Getting very close.

Are you excited?!!! I hope that the timing works out for you :D

There's a certain relief to knowing "In a year, these braces will be GONE!!!"