Unbearable tightness in chin

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sara123456789

Re: Unbearable tightness in chin

#136 Post by Sara123456789 »

no its ruined my life

Nat1983

#137 Post by Nat1983 »

[quote=Sara123456789 post_id=509807 time=1649822233 user_id=30794]
no its ruined my life
[/quote]

Yep I’m now starting to feel your pain. My pain is getting worse by the day I cry everyday and it’s ruined my life too! I’ve reached out to so many surgeons for help! No one once to help I hate my life too you are not alone

segevez

#138 Post by segevez »

i have the same issue, i am 3 years after the surgery, in my 2 years after i made braces again to fix my closing due to self decision to stop in the first place (bad decision), i started to feel after every pressure the braces did, something get free in my chin, untill my right side completely got free, and my left side which was more severe my ortodentist told me she cant move any further the teeths there and my closing felt bad there, even if doctors says my closing is perfect, now 3 years after the surgery i had examaine by doctor who saw that my screw slightly bump my tissue and a 2 week ago he shave it a little because he couldnt get it out and remove two more screws on the left, i finally can sleep after 3 years (felt like my chin getting on fire and stabbed), but my chin still seem to be pulled down by something, still didnt recover from the surgery and hope it will fix it, because it seem like my last chance.

i wonder if my right side got free because my screw got move a little, anyway i still waiting,
if someone got something similar from removing hardware i would glad to know how much time after the removal of hardware he felt the chin get realesed.

this story is by my feeling and no doctor accept that i am having a problem or even my story is true

BlueTears

#139 Post by BlueTears »

segevez wrote:
> i have the same issue, i am 3 years after the surgery, in my 2 years after
> i made braces again to fix my closing due to self decision to stop in the
> first place (bad decision), i started to feel after every pressure the
> braces did, something get free in my chin, untill my right side completely
> got free, and my left side which was more severe my ortodentist told me she
> cant move any further the teeths there and my closing felt bad there, even
> if doctors says my closing is perfect, now 3 years after the surgery i had
> examaine by doctor who saw that my screw slightly bump my tissue and a 2
> week ago he shave it a little because he couldnt get it out and remove two
> more screws on the left, i finally can sleep after 3 years (felt like my
> chin getting on fire and stabbed), but my chin still seem to be pulled down
> by something, still didnt recover from the surgery and hope it will fix it,
> because it seem like my last chance.
>
> i wonder if my right side got free because my screw got move a little,
> anyway i still waiting,
> if someone got something similar from removing hardware i would glad to
> know how much time after the removal of hardware he felt the chin get
> realesed.
>
> this story is by my feeling and no doctor accept that i am having a problem
> or even my story is true

BlueTears

#140 Post by BlueTears »

BlueTears wrote:

I know how you feel. Doctors nowadays don’t care to help…You can pour your heart out pleading for help and they’ll just leave you in pain.

My little sister jaw surgery went all wrong and the surgeon left her a Class III with severe mastication problems (she was a Class II)

And the orthodontist move her teeth to make the space between her upper and lower jaw look lest visible, and this now has screwed things even more.

No other surgeon wants to take on her case…and are just dismissive. My little sister’s pain is unbearable but to these doctors is insignificant.

If time only could be reverse

May you find answers and the help you need

> segevez wrote:
> > i have the same issue, i am 3 years after the surgery, in my 2 years after
> > i made braces again to fix my closing due to self decision to stop in the
> > first place (bad decision), i started to feel after every pressure the
> > braces did, something get free in my chin, untill my right side completely
> > got free, and my left side which was more severe my ortodentist told me she
> > cant move any further the teeths there and my closing felt bad there, even
> > if doctors says my closing is perfect, now 3 years after the surgery i had
> > examaine by doctor who saw that my screw slightly bump my tissue and a 2
> > week ago he shave it a little because he couldnt get it out and remove two
> > more screws on the left, i finally can sleep after 3 years (felt like my
> > chin getting on fire and stabbed), but my chin still seem to be pulled down
> > by something, still didnt recover from the surgery and hope it will fix it,
> > because it seem like my last chance.
> >
> > i wonder if my right side got free because my screw got move a little,
> > anyway i still waiting,
> > if someone got something similar from removing hardware i would glad to
> > know how much time after the removal of hardware he felt the chin get
> > realesed.
> >
> > this story is by my feeling and no doctor accept that i am having a problem
> > or even my story is true

segevez

#141 Post by segevez »

making force dentist work is a wrong move in any ways, thats what pushed me to do the surgery in first place and even made me do harder jaw surgery and addition minors teeths surgery and mess my life completely (short story).

be a warning to everyone who try to find a solution that dont exist (in severe situation of course).

BlueTears

#142 Post by BlueTears »

Hi,

I’ve looked into a revision surgery to help my sister but the surgeons couldn’t care less about the pain she’s feeling. This is a hard place to be on the journey of life, and I feel terrible for what my sister and so many others are experiencing.

I wish you much health and a solution with a good doctor

Please if you find out about any revision OS keep me inform…I will do the same

segevez wrote:
> making force dentist work is a wrong move in any ways, thats what pushed me
> to do the surgery in first place and even made me do harder jaw surgery and
> addition minors teeths surgery and mess my life completely (short story).
>
> be a warning to everyone who try to find a solution that dont exist (in
> severe situation of course).

Wml

#143 Post by Wml »

Sara123456789 wrote:
> no its ruined my life

Your issue is the mentalis muscle, it happens very often when you have a sliding genioplasty reduction/reversal. What you need is a mentalis muscle resuspension and your issue should be fixed. Please update your situation, thanks.

Wml

#144 Post by Wml »

Nat1983 wrote:
> Sara123456789 wrote:
> > did not work for me
> Hi Sara I am too experiencing the same thing I’m only 4 months post op I had
> reduction genioplasty. My mentalis muscles have been place to high up causing me pain
> and strain. I have been reading other peoples comments and it looks as it gets worse
> as time goes on. I’m scared this will be the case for me as it’s bad enough as it is.
>
> Did u manage to get your problem sorted

Is your problem fixed?
1. If you can't close your mouth enough/ If you can close your mouth but you feel that your lower lip and chin is being pulled down, this is mentalis muscle placed too low
2. If you can't open your mouth enough, this is mentalis muscle attached to high

Which is your situation?

Wml

#145 Post by Wml »

Sara123456789 wrote:
> no its ruined my life

I also emailed you , please respond when you see it

orangetree

#146 Post by orangetree »

Sara123456789 wrote:
> Thanks for your replies. The tightness doesn't just feel like normal muscle
> tightness. It limits my lower lip mobility and makes speaking feel
> uncomfortable. For example when I say "oo" or pucker my lips it
> feels like an elastic band that has been stretched. Same feeling when I
> move my lower lip in any direction to talk (except down, for some reason
> downward movements feel normal). For example, when I open my mouth to yawn
> everything feels find, no stretch and I can open wide, but when I go to
> close my lips about 2cm from closing I feel resistance and strain. Is this
> similar to how you all feel?

This is exactly what I have. It's not just the feeling of tightness, it's a visible physical tugging. The edge of my lip constantly burns and it feels like there's not enough space between my lower lip and mental crease. My lower lips rolls out and appears bigger. There is an indentation at the centre of my lip, likes it's literally pinned down.

I had a chin implant removed, followed by a sliding genioplasty (15mm horizontal projection, 6mm vertical lengthening) almost 3 months ago. I suffered from lip incompetence afterwards, and then scar contracture from pulling my soft tissues up into the bony gap. I had a scar release and dermal fat graft placed 8 weeks later, and my doctor said he also reattached my mentalis muscle to the labiomental sulcus to help the lip incompetence. The tugging is even worse now. This leads me to believe it's something to do with the sutures being too tight or done wrongly.

I have a consultation with Dr. Eppley scheduled to discuss a full reversal of my sliding genioplasty and putting back in my old chin implant. I know he's very experienced with mentalis suspension, so I'm hoping his technique will provide relief. I'm so scared. I'm only in my early 20s and I know for sure that I can't go on if this is what I'm left with. It's too painful.

Fourier772

#147 Post by Fourier772 »

Were you able to resolve the tightness with reversal surgery. am also willing to offer a sum of money to anyone who has resolved this issue. If it’s scar contracture then presumably redoing the surgery but filling the bony step deformity with hydroxyapatite or something should work right?!

Thelmacue

#148 Post by Thelmacue »

I had a similar issue I literally felt like my chin was sewn to my neck after investing a lot in some surgeries you can develop actual tissue cord that make life miserable for me I try everything the only thing that works was injection torodol ( Ketorolac) and lidocaine and literally broke the rope like things with one of those theragun portable triangles and that did it. It was extremely painful and I felt I couldn’t breathe but I was so frustrated ( it took 3 shots and 3 savage massages and hitting my chin and jaw neck. This was posted in another forum. FYI my dr refuse I when to a Chiropractor and he gave me lidocaine shots on the back and side, a torodol shot on the arm and cracked my neck and jaw but it didn’t work shot has to be done at chin (just put 2 fingers in chin slide finger down just before your trachea you’ll feel 2 pea side lymph you shot one on each side and other above your clavicle bone ) so I paid someone to go to the chiropractor and steal what I needed ( don’t judge you don’t know how bad it was) but you might be able to find some online like from Mexico or online black market if it works you’ll own me an Airbnb trip to the beach lol

Thelmacue

#149 Post by Thelmacue »

I had a similar issue I literally felt like my chin was sewn to my neck after investing a lot in some surgeries you can develop actual tissue cord that make life miserable for me I try everything the only thing that works was injection torodol ( Ketorolac) and lidocaine and literally broke the rope like things with one of those theragun portable triangles and that did it. It was extremely painful and I felt I couldn’t breathe but I was so frustrated ( it took 3 shots and 3 savage massages and hitting my chin and jaw neck. This was posted in another forum. FYI my dr refuse I when to a Chiropractor and he gave me lidocaine shots on the back and side, a torodol shot on the arm and cracked my neck and jaw but it didn’t work shot has to be done at chin (just put 2 fingers in chin slide finger down just before your trachea you’ll feel 2 pea side lymph you shot one on each side and other above your clavicle bone ) so I paid someone to go to the chiropractor and steal what I needed ( don’t judge you don’t know how bad it was) but you might be able to find some online like from Mexico or online black market if it works you’ll own me an Airbnb trip to the beach lol

Thelmacue

#150 Post by Thelmacue »

I had a similar issue I literally felt like my chin was sewn to my neck after investing a lot in some surgeries you can develop actual tissue cord that make life miserable for me I try everything the only thing that works was injection torodol ( Ketorolac) and lidocaine and literally broke the rope like things with one of those theragun portable triangles and that did it. It was extremely painful and I felt I couldn’t breathe but I was so frustrated ( it took 3 shots and 3 savage massages and hitting my chin and jaw neck. This was posted in another forum. FYI my dr refuse I when to a Chiropractor and he gave me lidocaine shots on the back and side, a torodol shot on the arm and cracked my neck and jaw but it didn’t work shot has to be done at chin (just put 2 fingers in chin slide finger down just before your trachea you’ll feel 2 pea side lymph you shot one on each side and other above your clavicle bone you pretty much) so I paid someone to go to the chiropractor and steal what I needed ( don’t judge you don’t know how bad it was) to make easier to understand what happened is your damage dying nerves attach themselves to living tissue so it feels like you were sewn from the inside because making super tight and hard to move, so what the shot s do is reduces inflammation and and soften the chords and lidocaine I just used it for pain but it was so worth it, this only happens to some people with genes that are prone to autoimmune diseases so it super hard to figured out it took me 2 years to find it but I’m back to being me again. PS you might be able to find some online like from Mexico or online black market if it works you’ll own me an Airbnb trip to the beach lol or strawberry ice cream.Merry Christmas pm me if you have questions