Celebrities with Open Bites?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jennaaa

Celebrities with Open Bites?

#1 Post by jennaaa »

Hi guys,
I was wondering if any of you knew of any celebrities or 'famous' people with open bites.
I thought I'd start this thread for people with open bite problems, and for reassurance.

So let's get the ball moving. Who do you think has one?

Teeth of Cthulhu

Re: Celebrities with Open Bites?

#2 Post by Teeth of Cthulhu »

Jon Heder of Napoleon Dynamite fame has a long maxilla and lip incompetence. Possibly a mild open bite? Heather Matarazzo too.

ReoSity

#3 Post by ReoSity »

^Looking at their pics closely, neither have open bites it seems. I think it's rare that you'll find celebs, especially actors, with moderate or severe bite issues since facial aesthetics plays such a huge role in that business.

DRG

#4 Post by DRG »

My unprofessional opinion is that Jamie Oliver has an open bite and also is a tongue thruster.
Braces: 1986-1988
Open bite was not resolved
Braces again (at age 35): 15 APRIL 2010
Lefort I & IVRO: 21 FEB 2011
Unwired! 25 MAR 2011
Braces removed revealing my perfect bite: 4 JAN 2012

yellowhat

#5 Post by yellowhat »

Just Googled Jon and Heather! Quite refreshing to see photos of people with lip incompetencies. At times I think I'm the only one with it.

Keep them coming?

What do people think about Kelly Rowland? She's got perfect teeth but something's not quite right...?

Teeth of Cthulhu

#6 Post by Teeth of Cthulhu »

yellowhat wrote:Just Googled Jon and Heather! Quite refreshing to see photos of people with lip incompetencies. At times I think I'm the only one with it.

Keep them coming?

Sure thing. Other celebs with bite issues. Hope people don't view this as insensitive, it's all purely out of fascination.

Bob Clendenin has lip incompetence and a severely retrognathic profile

The famous Daniel Emilfork

Ben Foster has a mild underbite. Though judging from the most recent pics I do wonder if he's had orthognathic surgery to correct it.

Teeth of Cthulhu

#7 Post by Teeth of Cthulhu »

Oh, and Elliot Yamin from American Idol

ReoSity

#8 Post by ReoSity »

Teeth of Cthulhu wrote: Ben Foster has a mild underbite. Though judging from the most recent pics I do wonder if he's had orthognathic surgery to correct it.
He's a tough one, I've suspected for some time that he had an under bite but if you look closely when he smiles, his upper teeth do overlap his bottom teeth except his overjet is nearly non-existent. I would guess he's skeletally a class III but his teeth compensated creating a class I bite.

Olive

#9 Post by Olive »

Lou Doillon, the French model and actress. http://imstars.aufeminin.com/stars/fan/ ... 173135.jpg

Teeth of Cthulhu

#10 Post by Teeth of Cthulhu »

ReoSity wrote:
Teeth of Cthulhu wrote: Ben Foster has a mild underbite. Though judging from the most recent pics I do wonder if he's had orthognathic surgery to correct it.
He's a tough one, I've suspected for some time that he had an under bite but if you look closely when he smiles, his upper teeth do overlap his bottom teeth except his overjet is nearly non-existent. I would guess he's skeletally a class III but his teeth compensated creating a class I bite.

Yep, seems like it. Pete Steele of Type O-Negative is a similar case. He had hyperdontia too, i.e. the presence of supernumary teeth.

Paul Mccartney has a narrow palate and a class II profile (prominent chin but with recessed jaws)

Laetitia Casta has a mild class II bite. Couldn't find any good pics but it's quite obvious.

Minerva

#11 Post by Minerva »

Michael Jackson's brother, Jermaine, has an underbite.

Esoteric

#12 Post by Esoteric »

John Turturro
----Eric
SARPE survivor 9-3-08
Braced 10-15-08
Evil expander removed 3-21-09
Surgery Survivor Sept 09
Braces off July 13, 10

RMF7825

#13 Post by RMF7825 »

The Millionaire Matchmaker (can't recall her name) seems to me to have some lip incompetence, class II mildly returded jaw. She does a lot of mouth breathing and that would indicate her upper palate might be restricted. She looks like she had some really good plastic surgery (on other parts of her face?) but you can still see it when she is not posturing.

RMF7825

#14 Post by RMF7825 »

Also the actor that planned JimBob on the Waltons - David Harper has lip incompetence, maxillary excess etc. Watching the old episodes you can actually see how it progresses as he gets older. He wears a beard now.

http://www.rockfish-river.com/en/jim-bob-walton.html

Teeth of Cthulhu

#15 Post by Teeth of Cthulhu »

Sammy Davis Jr