One month post op - upper, lower, genio (with pics)

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JessicaJo

One month post op - upper, lower, genio (with pics)

#1 Post by JessicaJo »

So it's been one month already...it seems like time flies by. So far my recovery has been good. I went back to work after 1 1/2 weeks off. That first week was rough. Swelling keeps going down. I'm still very numb on one side of my bottom lip and chin but I can feel it getting better.

My biggest complaint...the splint. It sucks but it will come out on the 6th. It's hard to talk and I have little wires poking me everywhere (lots of wax). I'm still on a no chew diet but it's amazing what you can eat if you cut things small enough. I never had problems taking pills so I just cut up my food into really tiny pieces and just swallow - probably not the best thing to do but it brings a little more variety into the diet.

I love my new bite (at least what I can see of it with the big splint in my mouth) and my new chin.

The first picture was taken today and the other picture taken 1 week post op.

Image one monthImageone week

suetemi

#2 Post by suetemi »

Awesome, thanks for posting. I also had upper/lower/genio and am a little over a week post-op so it's good to see what sort of de-swelling to expect over the next 3 weeks or so.

My splint is really annoying me too, but not as much as the sutured wounds along the insides of my mouth (they make it really hard to clean the mouth out and they're still sensitive). Hmm, do people with splints have to stay on a no-chew diet for the entire duration of wearing the splint? I was expecting my doc to let me chew soft foods in a couple of weeks.

Esoteric

#3 Post by Esoteric »

Looks like you're coming along great. I can only hope that my swelling goes down as fast as yours looks like it is.
----Eric
SARPE survivor 9-3-08
Braced 10-15-08
Evil expander removed 3-21-09
Surgery Survivor Sept 09
Braces off July 13, 10

brendan

#4 Post by brendan »

Amazing the difference a month makes in swelling! Looks great! you should post profile pics