Beautiful Teeth?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

OnMyWay

Beautiful Teeth?

#1 Post by OnMyWay »

I would like to take a poll of how many people received a "You have beautiul teeth" comment at their consultations. Is this a standard ortho line to improve your "teeth confidence"?

momof2grlz

#2 Post by momof2grlz »

My general dentist has always told me I have beautiful teeth and then in the next breath told me I needed to see an ortho for bite problems. I guess I have "beautiful teeth" that aren't in the right places!

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

n216

#3 Post by n216 »

i was told you have healthy good looking teeth too but they just need to be fixed
spacers 9-19-05
braces 9-20-05

Marzipan

#4 Post by Marzipan »

No one ever told me I have beautiful teeth. Since almost my first words at the consultation were "my teeth are really small which might explain all the gaps" - the ortho did say that my teeth are normal size. Also my teeth are healthy-looking, esp for my age (48).

BlueeyedManda

#5 Post by BlueeyedManda »

When I was a teenager a dental hygentist asked me if I had ever had braces my teeth looked so nice. I was stunned because my dentist kept saying she needs braces. It makes you wonder are people seeing the same thing I see when I look in the mirror.

drazda

#6 Post by drazda »

My ortho has told me the shape of my teeth are beautiful.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

gunter8888

#7 Post by gunter8888 »

I have been complimented on my teeth, but that is primarily because I only smile with my top teeth which are deceptively crowded. Plus, my bottoms are the real mess. :roll:
Expander in 8/9/06
Lowers on 11/30/06
Uppers on / Expander gone on 1/31/2007
Class III elastics added 3/14/2007
Expander #2 - 6/27/2007
20-24 months w/ fixed metal braces

johnnys_angel

#8 Post by johnnys_angel »

I have been complimented on the shape/size of my teeth from other people, but never my Ortho. He said they were healthy and white, though :D
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05:

Marguerite

#9 Post by Marguerite »

Ha! Funny question on this website... I guess I got braces because no one ever told me I had beautiful teeth (except of course my mother). But now that you mention it my orthodontist did say my teeth are "nicely shaped." I think they will give you any possible compliment without actually lying just to boost your self-esteem and break the ice. (I have noticed a lot of doctors do it).

stargirl

#10 Post by stargirl »

Once my dentist said that my teeth were really nice in shape, size and colour... but that I needed braces.
Perhaps it was to make me feel better?

Retrogirl82

#11 Post by Retrogirl82 »

It's weird because a few people have told me they like my smile (this was before braces!) Now, I'm not sure they meant my teeth, but they liked the quality of my smile-- always said it was so warm and genuine. So, maybe teeth aren't so important after all if the smile is authentic 8)

Still, my teeth were too wonky for my liking and I got braces anyway :D
I'm gonna marry Jake Gyllenhaal...he just doesn't know it yet ;) :)

hannah164

#12 Post by hannah164 »

Nope my ortho never told me I have beautiful or even semi nice teeth! :x

HE told me that I was a very complicated case and that we should get started right away. :shock:

He told my sister she had the most symmetrical face he'd ever seen though! :?

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Next Adjustment 1/11/06

lesdents

#13 Post by lesdents »

When I told my dentist I had "bad teeth," he told me not to say bad things about my teeth, that they were just in a traffic jam but were otherwise good teeth.

After all, I DO know people who have straight teeth that are NOT attractive. A lot of them have really small teeth, poorly shaped teeth, or teeth that have sort of uneven edges.

dkt3

#14 Post by dkt3 »

Ive never been told I have beautiful teeth, but have been told I have very white teeth. Luckily I have back braces so the front wont change. I have been told my teeth look better after six months of braces.

Anticipator

#15 Post by Anticipator »

First words out of my ortho's mouth at my initial consultation were "you have very nice teeth."

This did not however stop her from sticking bits of metal to them and yanking them around some.
Upper and lower metal braces
Estimated treatment time: 20 months