Electrical toothbrush

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Phantom

Electrical toothbrush

#1 Post by Phantom »

Which brand of electrical toothbrush are u guys using?
Which brand do u recommend?

I've heard quite a bit a sonicare (Phillips). Are they good, comparing them with Braun (Oral B)? I realised Sonicare are pretty pricey as compared with Braun ones. In Singapore, Braun is like going for $89 and Sonicare is liking hitting $150+. Are they worth getting?

I'm intending to save up an get a good electrical toothbrush and hoping to invest in a good one. Which brand and model do u guy recommend?

KJM

#2 Post by KJM »

I have an Oral B Professional Care 7850 DLX Personally, I really like it.

I have never used the Sonic Care one, but have heard great things about it. I think that the Sonic Care is better than the Oral B (from what others have said after using both) but like you mentioned it does cost more.

My opinion is that they do work better than the manual ones, and are definately worth the investment. :) Good Luck
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

samantha_lou

#3 Post by samantha_lou »

I really love the new Oral B Triumph, its a great brush and even has a set of really great heads specifically for peeps with braces :D
I've never used a Sonicare, but I've also heard great things about those brushes. I think the most important thing is to find a brush that comes with heads that you are comfortable using, and will keep your teeth and braces clean.

I would chat with the people at your ortho office, see if they have a local rep for Sonicare & Oral B that visits and that way they can ask any specific questions you might have and really give a great recommendation for a brush.

Phantom

#4 Post by Phantom »

I'm looking at the Sonicare Elite 7500 and Braun Oral-B Triumph @ the moment.

For the website, Oral-B's Triumph is giving out a more comprehensive projection of its features. As for Elite 7500, i don't even know whether its brush swing or roll :(

I really like the Triumph's 4 speed feature though, but i think after sometime one will just stick to 1 speed :D

n216

#5 Post by n216 »

i like the oral-b :lol:
spacers 9-19-05
braces 9-20-05

Phantom

#6 Post by Phantom »

I think i will go shopping for one soon...

Just went for my 1st adjustment today. Asked my ortho but he doesn't seem to know much.

Does Sonicare's toothbrush swings? And what's that Sonic registered thing abt?

HeyBartender

#7 Post by HeyBartender »

I have a Sonicare. Not the elite, though, it's an older model. I've had it for about 5 years now, and I still love it. In fact, I love it even more now that I have braces.

Now, I can't even rely on a 'regular' toothbrush when I travel- I have to bring the Sonicare with me. Because the feeling your mouth gets is just never, ever replicated with a manual brush (or any of the 'spin brush' or other little battery powered ones i've used). The Sonicare is the last brand of toothbrush i'll ever own.

I think I paid $150 for this all those years ago, but I've way more than gotten my money's worth out of it. Not only does it clean better than anything i've ever used, but it times your brushings- runs for 2 minutes and shuts itself off, and beeps every 30 seconds so you know it's time to change 'quadrants' of your mouth.

And actually, my boyfriend and I both use the same Sonicare unit- we just change the heads when we each brush. The heads all have a magnet on the bottom, so they stick right to the side of the medicine cabinet just nicely :)

So yeah, I'd say I recommend the Sonicare LOL

BraceUrself

#8 Post by BraceUrself »

I use a rota-dent & I am in love with it! I reccommend it highly!
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time

Phantom

#9 Post by Phantom »

Sonicare's brushhead spins or swings?
Can anyone here help me ask your ortho or dentist which is better?

HeyBartender

#10 Post by HeyBartender »

Phantom wrote:Sonicare's brushhead spins or swings?
Can anyone here help me ask your ortho or dentist which is better?
The sonicare brushhead soes not swing or spin. The bristles just vibrate.

Phantom

#11 Post by Phantom »

Erm.... Which is better? Triumph's spinning brushhead or Sonicare's Sonic action?

I think Triumph's lcd screen n 4 brushing moment is fantastic...

Brooke

#12 Post by Brooke »

I have an electric toothbrush that I use but I find that sometimes they leave behind more food on your teeth then the normal toothbrush, maybe its just me....
*Usually the longer roads lead to more rewarding endings*

Braced~ 10/11/04
Braces come off May 2, 2006!!!!! :)
Hawley Retainer full time!

arnette

#13 Post by arnette »

I just bought the Sonicare 5500 Elite that came with just one brushhead (no comfy grip on this model, I think that's about the only difference). Anyway, it's just plain awesome. Though I always think I should brush for two of the timed cycles instead of just the one. And I use my regular toothbrush to clean my tongue and the tops of the teeth just as a double precaution.
Very impressed with the Sonicare though!

Phantom

#14 Post by Phantom »

I've decided to go with Sonicare Elite 7500 :P
Now i'm saving up, hopefully they don't come out with new model after i buy :)