cleaning

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

payoki

cleaning

#1 Post by payoki »

How often do you need a professional cleaning? It's been almost 8 months since I got my braces and my ortho never mentions about it.
Should I request one?
mother of one.

dena

#2 Post by dena »

you should get cleanings every 6 months (or as close to that as possible).
Happy holidays

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

tmitchell

#3 Post by tmitchell »

My hygenist recommended that I get my teeth cleaned every three months instead of every six months while I have my braces on. The only downside to that is most dental insurance plans will only cover two cleanings per year. Luckily...my plan will cover the extra cleanings...so I will be getting my teeth cleaned every three months until my braces come off...but I would definitely recommend a cleaning at least every six months. :-}
~ Top braces on 12/20/05 ~
~ Bottom braces on 3/14/06 ~

Lucifina

#4 Post by Lucifina »

My ortho said to keep up as usual, twice a year :D
~Luci~ Image
It will all be worth it in the end!
UpdatedSiteImage

braceface1230

#5 Post by braceface1230 »

Like tmitchell, my hygenist recommends every 3 months, although at my last visit, she commented that I've been doing a great job at keeping them clean myself so, she said if I wanted to space it out to 4 months, that'd be fine. I think a lot has to do with what you eat and how well you keep up your end of the cleaning. But remember that the healthier your gums are, the better your braces are going to work for you.

montesser

cleaning

#6 Post by montesser »

My ortho says to keep up the normal twice a year cleaning schedule. I'm currently on the 3 month check up period after have work to clean up my gum disease. My insurance will only cover 2 per year, but to make sure that my teeth and gums are staying healthy while I have all this stuff in my mouth, I'm going to try to keep going every 3 months. If it has been 8 months since you've gone, I would make an appointment immediately. That way, they can let you know if there are any concerns, plus, they can get those hard to reach places that you may be having trouble with.
MR 11-28-05
Next Cleaning 10-19-06
Extractions 1-12-06
Next Adjustment 8-19-06

fins

#7 Post by fins »

I go every 3-4 months if at all possible. My hygenist is so good..she cleans them so well I feel much better after I go. She uses something I compare to a sand blaster to take the stain off my teeth.
fins