I had my last adjustment today

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ThatsMrsGeek2U

#16 Post by ThatsMrsGeek2U »

Chris wrote:Just a question too....seeing as you have a deep bite, were you back molars not touching until the elastic phase? And if so, how long before they came together?
At the 6 month mark it felt like ALL that touched was my canines (this is also when I started my elastics/discontinued my sagittal appliance). It was a gradual procession to each tooth behind that...a couple of weeks later it seemed like I had three on each side touching. It has just been about a month or so ago that those final two in the very back on each side started touching.

I remember how horrible it felt to feel like none of my teeth were touching and I couldn't chew properly. Once it started to resolve itself, it really went FAST, though. Having those three sets on each side start touching helped TONS with my state of mind about it all. Ugh! :oops: I thought I'd never eat right again.

caryca

#17 Post by caryca »

WOW lucky you!!!

concrats and deffenitly WE WANT PHOTOS :gavel: :gavel:

:flowerbloom:
6/4/2005: 2nd premolar extracted+ spacers in
6/13/2005: clear braces: top and bottom
next 'date' on 18th Nov. ...and the bottoms might be off then?!:-) top will stay until Dec. before xmas.

Chris

#18 Post by Chris »

ThatsMrsGeek2U wrote:
Chris wrote:Just a question too....seeing as you have a deep bite, were you back molars not touching until the elastic phase? And if so, how long before they came together?

I remember how horrible it felt to feel like none of my teeth were touching and I couldn't chew properly. Once it started to resolve itself, it really went FAST, though. Having those three sets on each side start touching helped TONS with my state of mind about it all. Ugh! :oops: I thought I'd never eat right again.
Thanks, I really needed to hear your experience. This in-between phase is quite scary and time seems to drag on and on after the one year anniversary of wearing braces. :roll:
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

serendipity

#19 Post by serendipity »

Just curious - when did you see the majority of movement take place?
I have been having what seems like super- fast movement as of late and I've only been braced 4 weeks :D . If your teeth move really fast does that mean that you get an early mark :? ? I am sentenced to the same amount of time as you were....

Congrads by the way.... :dance:

~serendipity~
"Welcome to wherever you are - this is your life, you've made it this far..."

In Braces for 15 months - Debanded Feb 07
Am I Enjoying It? "Hell Yes!"

ThatsMrsGeek2U

#20 Post by ThatsMrsGeek2U »

Most of the straightening took place early on, like yours is. The (positive) changes to my bite didn't really start kicking along until about 7-8 months, though, but once they started it really happened fast. I REALLY think my early release is directly related to good elastic wear and hygiene if that helps any.

Chris

#21 Post by Chris »

ThatsMrsGeek2U wrote:Most of the straightening took place early on, like yours is. The (positive) changes to my bite didn't really start kicking along until about 7-8 months, though, but once they started it really happened fast. I REALLY think my early release is directly related to good elastic wear and hygiene if that helps any.
7-8 months? I've been braced well over a year and my bite is worse then ever! I can't wait to get those elastics!!!!
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007