My Teeth Aren't Hurting...What's Wrong?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bejay23

My Teeth Aren't Hurting...What's Wrong?

#1 Post by bejay23 »

I just got my Damon 3s on Nov. 7th. It wasn't painful, it was just annoying that 1 of the brackets came off when my ortho was doing the indirect bonding. Here I am 2 days later, and I am experiencing no pain. My teeth are a bit sore, and 1 feels loose, but I have not had the pain that everyone else on the board has had.

Now I am starting to wonder are they tight enough, and will I see results as quickly as everyone else who gets the Damon's do? If there is no pain, does that mean that my teeth haven't started moving yet?

:oops:
Be

momof2grlz

#2 Post by momof2grlz »

The metalmouth God has smiled upon you! Enjoy. Seriously, if you're feeling a little soreness and a loose teeth feeling, you're probably right on track. Not everyone has excrutiating pain, just some soreness, sometimes nothing at all. You probably only have a small light wire right now, so you're not feeling any major adjustment. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones who doesn't have much discomfort.

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

mtb_nwbraces

#3 Post by mtb_nwbraces »

I am 10 months into my sentence of 18 months and I never had pain until 2 weeks ago when I had two wedges put in. I have had my finishing wire on top for the last 2 months and should be getting my finishing wire on the bottom in an hour. The pain from the wedges only lasted for 2 days. If you do some research you can find an older post where one of the DR's explains that you actually get faster movement with less pain.
Braced - Jan 6th 2005
Full Metal Brackets
Teeth released from Bondage - July 25th 2006

Nikkiekoala

#4 Post by Nikkiekoala »

I agree with KK. I have not had any 'pain' just occasional discomfort. I am talking about actual tooth pain. I have had my share of canker sores when I first got braced but that is much better now. I will get a tooth here and a tooth there that would be sensitive when I bite down but nothing more than that. I know for a fact that my teeth are moving just check out my pictures click on the 'www' you can see for yourself. The movement I have had so far happened with no pain.

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

joplin

#5 Post by joplin »

Braces haven given me little pain so far (got braced in June) but that has certainly not stood in the way of significant progress. You can check out the evidence here: viewtopic.php?p=34190#34190
Case: Impacted canines, crowding & crossbite.
Treatment: SARPE 2004/10/6, RPE 2004/9/28 - 2005/1/31, w-arch until 2005/11/22, impacted canines extracted 2005/5/18.
Braces on: top 2005/6/2, bottom 2005/8/30.
Braces off: 2008/6/9.
Retainers, phase one: expanding Hawley retainer 24/7, bonded retainers on top & bottom.
Retainers, phase two: Hawley on top, bonded both top & bottom, positioner for night time use.

bejay23

#6 Post by bejay23 »

kk, let me know how your adjustment goes.

Thanks for your feedback everyone!

Here's another question...I have been having a hard time talking. I am at work and in meetings and I feel like a complete babbbling idiot. Any suggestions? :oops:
Bejay23
Damon 3 upper and lower; Crowding

n216

#7 Post by n216 »

i have had no real pain either i was surprised i kinda want pain to no these things are working
spacers 9-19-05
braces 9-20-05

bbsadmin

#8 Post by bbsadmin »

Hey honey, it's like complaining that childbirth "wasn't so bad." :wink:

Don't worry, I'm sure your braces are doing their job. Sometimes it takes a few adjustment or a heavier arch wire for that pain to kick in. Everybody's different!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!