GAC System R

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lpgapro

GAC System R

#1 Post by lpgapro »

What a surprise! Since being braced on the 15th of August I thought I had Damon 3's....well, after talking to my ortho today I found out that I have the GAC System R's. No wonder I have had no problems. After doing a little research on my own I have not had to use wax or had the pain after adjustments. I am ahead of schedule and it is true my appointments are very fast, usually less than 30 minutes for an adjustment. I feel very lucky! Does anyone else out there have the GAC System R's???? and what is your experience?

lpgapro

#2 Post by lpgapro »

From what I understand from my ortho the System R's are the newest. I read about them also and found a web site for the System R. So far so good for me....My ortho puts tiny band on my back brackets to cushion them from rubbing on my cheeks. I finally took the time to ask questions. Usually I'm on such a time schedule that I don't have time to chit chat. The only problems I have had are with the hooks on my bands. They gave me a fit on the tongue. I have used wax for that, but haven't had any other problems. Never having braces before I have no idea what the others feel like. I have found I can eat just about anything without a problem and they are easy to keep clean. Sorry for your discomfort with canker sores. I haven't experienced those yet, but I'm sure my day will come. Definately not looking forward to that.

Best of luck to you!

michele

#3 Post by michele »

Hi,
I have gac in-ovations. I have had no problems with them. In fact I am getting my braces off next month after 23 months and 1 week. I was estimated at 27 months, I think I am getting them off because of good rubberband wear.

Michele
I have Gac In-ovation brackets (self-ligating). I got my braces Dec 29 2003. My estimated treatment time is 27 months. I got my braces off Dec 5 2005 after 23 months and 1 week.