Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mtbrncofn

#16 Post by mtbrncofn »

Echo wrote:I guess I was feeling very boring this time, I just had an adjustment on Nov. 10 and I couldn't decide on a color, so I just chose plain old silver. I have had light blue, light pink and purple so far, so I just decided to go conservative this time I guess!
I think I am going to go Christmassy this time. I think they have metallic green and red in my ortho's office.

Once again, I am jealous of all you guys who have turquoise as a choice! I'm going to mention it next time I go in.
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

weird_wired

#17 Post by weird_wired »

Fluorescent pink on the bottom, transparent on the top. This was the same day I got them put on, so I might take a comparison photo in a few weeks to see how much the pink fades/stains.

swan

#18 Post by swan »

I have pictures of all my lig colors on my braces blog (see WWW link below).

I'm having my next adjustment this afternoon. I thought about getting dark green for Christmas, but after seeing the nice combination of two greens I may go for something like that, too.
Metal braces from March 24, 2005 until July 30, 2007. Estimate was 18-24 months, but I had them for 28 months.

Chris

#19 Post by Chris »

Echo wrote:I guess I was feeling very boring this time, I just had an adjustment on Nov. 10 and I couldn't decide on a color, so I just chose plain old silver. I have had light blue, light pink and purple so far, so I just decided to go conservative this time I guess!
I want those lavendar ligs in your Avatar, Echo...I'm in California too!

my ortho does not have them. :cry:

ANYONE willing to ask their ortho to send me some??? Please!!!!
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Jean

#20 Post by Jean »

swan wrote:I have pictures of all my lig colors on my braces blog (see WWW link below).

I'm having my next adjustment this afternoon. I thought about getting dark green for Christmas, but after seeing the nice combination of two greens I may go for something like that, too.
Swan, I visited your web page. Question: What is the purpose of putting the ligs on in an "8" shape rather than an "0" shape?

It was fun to watch your progress through your photos. Those front incisors sure straightened up.

Jean
Metal braces on lower arch.
Estimated treatment time: 18 months

mtbrncofn

#21 Post by mtbrncofn »

Jean wrote:
swan wrote:I have pictures of all my lig colors on my braces blog (see WWW link below).

Swan, I visited your web page. Question: What is the purpose of putting the ligs on in an "8" shape rather than an "0" shape?

It was fun to watch your progress through your photos. Those front incisors sure straightened up.

Jean
I had the figure eights when I got my braces put on. I asked the asst. about that when I went in next time and she said it's just a fancy thing some of them do. I kinda liked it. They haven't done it again though. Darnit.
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

TuZZi

#22 Post by TuZZi »

I think the figure 8's are for pesky teeth that wouldn't stay attached to the wire with the usual circle pattern. I have 8's on all my corner teeth that are twisted around more than the others.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6100
Full On Metal! Aug 31, 2005
4 Bicuspids extracted Sept 26-27 2005
Disbanded n loving it - June 12, 2007!

Jean

#23 Post by Jean »

TuZZi wrote:I think the figure 8's are for pesky teeth that wouldn't stay attached to the wire with the usual circle pattern. I have 8's on all my corner teeth that are twisted around more than the others.
I find that it sometimes hurts when they are putting on the ligs - depending on the tooth and it's situation, etc. Surely it hurts even more to have the ligs put on in a figure-8 position!

I have a tooth that sits behind the others (it's the reason for the braces in the first place) and am not looking forward to the day when they decide that there is enough space now to attach a lig. So far they have left off ligging it to the wire because it's too far back and there is no room to bring it forward yet.

Jean
Metal braces on lower arch.
Estimated treatment time: 18 months

Chris

#24 Post by Chris »

The 8 figure adds just alittle more pressure. Kind of in between the 0 and the wire tie.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

lucky_topher

#25 Post by lucky_topher »

here's "pearl"

Image[/img]

TuZZi

#26 Post by TuZZi »

I hope I get my broken camera back before my next appointment in December so I can show you all my metallic blue ligs. I had metallic green last month... they were pretty sweet as well.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6100
Full On Metal! Aug 31, 2005
4 Bicuspids extracted Sept 26-27 2005
Disbanded n loving it - June 12, 2007!

swan

#27 Post by swan »

Jean wrote: Swan, I visited your web page. Question: What is the purpose of putting the ligs on in an "8" shape rather than an "0" shape?

Jean
Chris is right. There's a little more pressure, because, with the figure 8 the ligs are on a little tighter to the wire than with the O shape.
Metal braces from March 24, 2005 until July 30, 2007. Estimate was 18-24 months, but I had them for 28 months.

Svensk Tiger

#28 Post by Svensk Tiger »

For my first two sets I went for tooth coloured because I felt really self-conscious and wanted to try to hide my braces. A bit difficult when they are big and metal and shiny though! :lol:

I've actually grown to love tmy braces and went for burgundy ligs last week. It's a really cool colour, quite festive actually and I really like them so I'm going to stick with this colour now. I drink loads of tea and coffee so the tooth coloured ones stained really badly, these don't stain at all so that's an added bonus.

Pics of my burgundy mouth coming soon!
Metal upper and lower: 6th Sep. 2005
Quad helix in: 1st Dec. 2005
Quad Helix out: 31st March 2006
Surgery (upper/lower/genio): 11th Nov. 2006
Braces off: 17th March 2007
Under chin liposculpture and fat transplant to cheeks: 20th October 2007

alexa

#29 Post by alexa »

Here is silver:

P.S. My teeth are /not/ that yellow. :lol:
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

nvcarissa

#30 Post by nvcarissa »

I did clear at first when I had my clear brackets, but I got tired of staining, so the first color I went to was light pink. (Clikc on pics for larger image)

Then I changed to metal brackets and went magenta.

Then I went blue...

But I wasn't too keen on it. I thought the color made my teeth look yellow. Now, because it is the holiday season and I tend to wear more silver this time of year, I have gone with your basic silver. But come January...I think I may go back to magenta.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.