Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

wmd

Re: Lig colours (colors)

#1276 Post by wmd »

This is my very first adjustment after the initial braces and I had my kids vote as well as Facebook members so this is what I had gotten:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

joeyyeo

#1277 Post by joeyyeo »

Woah wmd im a huge fan of how the rainbow looks on your ceramics! Looking great :)
Upper braces off after 636 days!

wmd

#1278 Post by wmd »

Thanks!! I'm kind of sad today. I'm an adult woman and my father won't quit berating me about the colors. He's actually mad and I have to see him frequently. You actually can't see the rainbow unless I show people but just them knowing it is there is enough to stop universes. I love my motley color choice on the bottom! I didn't think the top would be as bright as it actually was because I had seen others on here and theirs appeared almost translucent but you only have braces for a short while so why not??????? My husband is okay with it though. I just love colors, after all, I'm an artist.

lainii

#1279 Post by lainii »

Aqua!

Ness

#1280 Post by Ness »

The aqua looks really nice! I was worried about getting my braces on in a couple of weeks and people noticting, but this thread has shown how good all the different colours can look, now I'm getting excited to try some of them.

ditsy

#1281 Post by ditsy »

Just bumping this thread to see what colours you have all got at the moment :) I have light blue but I would like pink or purple next x

EWUgal15

#1282 Post by EWUgal15 »

I'm currently rocking Mediterranean blue on top and aqua on the bottom. I like to get different colors every time...and I thought it would be easier to get solid on top and bottom so that when I start wearing elastics, I can swap the colors on the brackets where the elastics should attach (so with my current colors, the lower brackets where elastics would attach would be blue and upper brackets would be aqua). I'm not likely to forget elastic configurations because I'm so overly adamant about being compliant, but you never know.

Previously, I've had:
Purple on top, silver on bottom
Orange on top, red on bottom
Alternating black and purple across both arches (initial bracing)

007Jaws

#1283 Post by 007Jaws »

Had an adjustment today & am currently rocking metallic blue (& some ugly, clear elastics).

Trickycoolj

#1284 Post by Trickycoolj »

My favorite combo when I had brackets many years ago during phase I was teal and black. I got the "cool lady" for my adjustment and somehow she was able to fit two ligs vertically on each bracket and made a neat pattern! Not sure if she did that so I would have more colors on my 4 brackets or because my wire somehow needed extra ligs. Either way, my school pictures had that combo in them and I have never forgotten even 20 years later!

ditsy

#1285 Post by ditsy »

Went for a nice bright pink today! Goes with my nails so I am a happy lady :D Image

ItsFreyja

#1286 Post by ItsFreyja »

ditsy, the pink looks fabulous on you!

I just finished looking through all 86 pages... whew! What a fun resource :D

metalliKa

#1287 Post by metalliKa »

I really don't want to draw the extra attention to my mouth so I went with only the silver. LOL
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

hummingbird99

Re:

#1288 Post by hummingbird99 »

[quote="Sbebs"]I have only had my braces for a week but my clear ligs went yellow really fast and I just had them changed today to "smoke". I know I was really curious how they would look on ceramic brackets so I included a close up below. They look pretty grey in the package, but once they are on they look clear. Hopefully there is just enough color to them to keep the staining at bay.

[u][b]Smoke Ligs Closeup:[/b][/u]
[img]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r255 ... 000076.jpg[/img][/quote]
What a great close up!!

kelly88

#1289 Post by kelly88 »

I am a nail polish addict so I think I will mainly be picking lig colours depending on what colour my nails are at my appointments :lol:

I'm getting my braces on in two weeks then I'm going to a wedding a week later. I picked out my outfit this week. It's navy and I'm adding pink accessories so I've set my mind on pink ligs to compliment my outfit :lol:

I can't wait till I'm able to post in here!

mrwata

#1290 Post by mrwata »

[quote="ditsy"]Went for a nice bright pink today! Goes with my nails so I am a happy lady :D [url=http://s789.photobucket.com/user/nlumbe ... g.jpg.html][img]http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy17 ... apwfsg.jpg[/img][/url][/quote]

I'm getting pink next!