Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

samoorelaw

Re: Lig colours (colors)

#1246 Post by samoorelaw »

Halloween colors: I tried the black on top and thought it was too dark so I went with smoke on top and orange on bottom. Also so happy that my final gap in the front closed while still at the appointment, thanks to the double power chain and weird loops on each side of the lower arch. Will be evaluated for surgery in January so almost there!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Braces removed for 3rd and final time July 14, 2016!!!!

Permanent 8 crowns front 8 teeth (upper) January 30, 2015

Braces removed again December 3, 2014!!

Partial braces re-installation September 25, 2014

Braces removed September 4, 2014!

Stef

#1247 Post by Stef »

Am I the only one that doesn't know what curry is? Other than I know to avoid it..lol

Time to google it.

jtsang

#1248 Post by jtsang »

Silver from last week
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SunshineRay

#1249 Post by SunshineRay »

Stef wrote:Am I the only one that doesn't know what curry is? Other than I know to avoid it..lol

Time to google it.
I didnt either until this board and saw everyone was bummed they couldnt eat it.

JeniK

#1250 Post by JeniK »

This post as nothing to do with the color of my lig...just the missing of one! I was brushing my teeth last night..and felt something on my toothbrush. It was a lig,,,complete..not torn...or cut or anything. I really have no idea which tooth it came off of. I called my ortho's office this morning, told the office girl...she asked if it anything was poking me. No..nothing. Than it will be ok until my regular appt! In 23 days! So I did not have to make the trip into town today. That was ok with me. Anyone else have this happen ? And if so....what did you do ?

samoorelaw

#1251 Post by samoorelaw »

JeniK wrote:This post as nothing to do with the color of my lig...just the missing of one! I was brushing my teeth last night..and felt something on my toothbrush. It was a lig,,,complete..not torn...or cut or anything. I really have no idea which tooth it came off of. I called my ortho's office this morning, told the office girl...she asked if it anything was poking me. No..nothing. Than it will be ok until my regular appt! In 23 days! So I did not have to make the trip into town today. That was ok with me. Anyone else have this happen ? And if so....what did you do ?
I had it happen and I waited two weeks until my next appointment. Purpose of the ligs is to hold the archwire in place and if the wire isn't pulling away from the bracket or poking you, it's nothing to be concerned about.
Braces removed for 3rd and final time July 14, 2016!!!!

Permanent 8 crowns front 8 teeth (upper) January 30, 2015

Braces removed again December 3, 2014!!

Partial braces re-installation September 25, 2014

Braces removed September 4, 2014!

JeniK

#1252 Post by JeniK »

Samoorelaw....Thank you for your reply. I appreciate knowing I have nothing to be concerned with. :) That is what the ortho's office was telling me...but the reassurance helps!!

WiredOldLady

#1253 Post by WiredOldLady »

Still sporting my Bronco's colors...orange and blue. Thinking I'm going to keep them until after football season...I'm a wee bit superstitious. I might go with spring colors then...or maybe the Coyotes team colors or the Diamondbacks colors or maybe the Suns...purple and yellow might look cool...who knows!
Braces off on 8/26/14 after a year!

JeniK

#1254 Post by JeniK »

Sometimes I wish I would have metal on top and bottom. I have clear on top..metal on bottom. I am loving all the fun colors that everyone is doing! I think it would look funny ...wanting the clear on top...and add color to them! Just me...but maybe someday I will do color on top too!! :roll:

msw

#1255 Post by msw »

This thread is making me want to get pretty ligs on my SLs! I'm definitely going to ask at my first adjustment. I would love to add a pop of PINK to my tin grin!

Stef

#1256 Post by Stef »

I went with teal and hot pink when I got my braces yesterday! :) 31 or not, they sure are fun.

parsleysage

#1257 Post by parsleysage »

Bump! More colors please :)

I think I have to get Damons :-(( so I am living vicariously through everyone on this post!

jem

#1258 Post by jem »

Parsleysage,

If you are desperate to have colours, I believe it is possible with Damons if your ortho is prepared to indulge you.Someone on this site called bracedsurgerystudent did it. The ligs go round the bracket but under the archwire rather than holding it onto the bracket. Of course,once you have powerchains, as most people seem to do at some point, you will presumably be offered a choice of colour.

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

parsleysage

#1259 Post by parsleysage »

jem wrote:Parsleysage,

If you are desperate to have colours, I believe it is possible with Damons if your ortho is prepared to indulge you.Someone on this site called bracedsurgerystudent did it. The ligs go round the bracket but under the archwire rather than holding it onto the bracket. Of course,once you have powerchains, as most people seem to do at some point, you will presumably be offered a choice of colour.

Jem
I did see that :) I don't think I would want to do that as I would feel bad about using material I didn't need. I was mostly kidding in my previous post. :wink: I did want to bump the thread, though, so more people may post their colors.

jessicachung

#1260 Post by jessicachung »

Aww I envy those who can have color powerchains. My ortho only has clear and grey powerchains which is meant for metal or clear braces. So boring... I wish I could have purple powerchains. Clear is just too staining which leavese.no choice but to go with dark grey...:( I ask if I can order different colors but their excuse was not many people want it. Sorry for the rant here