Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Nozzelnut

Re: Lig colours (colors)

#1261 Post by Nozzelnut »

jessicachung wrote:Aww I envy those who can have color powerchains. My ortho only has clear and grey powerchains which is meant for metal or clear braces. So boring... I wish I could have purple powerchains. Clear is just too staining which leavese.no choice but to go with dark grey...:( I ask if I can order different colors but their excuse was not many people want it. Sorry for the rant here
You can order different colors and bring them in with you; only problem would be which size chain your ortho would need to use; short, long, or continuous. Maybe order one of each in colors you like?
Round 3 (lifetime) Damon stainless applied 3/16/20 (after 4 weeks attempting invisalign) On for about 18 months
Night time elastics with invisalign retainers; still...
Double jaw surgery was 6/18/15...
Orthodontics never really ends...
I'm emphatically against extraction orthodontics!

sally1988

#1262 Post by sally1988 »

I didn't get a choice of colours my ortho had already put clear ones on, after 2 weeks I have found that certain foods (butter chicken curry and lettuce) have stained them but it has brushed out after unless im just getting used to the slow staining of them! Im soon to be starting teacher training so im not as brave as everyone else to have fabulous colours however does anyone have any suggestions for a hint of colour that doesn't stain - like you'd have to be up really close to notice it was coloured???

bjohnson207

#1263 Post by bjohnson207 »

Pearl and Aqua
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jaime

#1264 Post by jaime »

Clear on top, light blue and light purple on the bottom. I think it looks better in person!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SARPE: December 19, 2013
Expander out/TPA in: May 13th, 2014
Upper and lower braces: May 21, 2014
Lefort I + BSSO + sliding genioplasty: June 11, 2015
TPA out: December 17, 2015 (due to issues)
Braces off: November 28th, 2016!!!
My blog
My ArchWired thread (last updated November 29th, 2016)

mysticgirl916

#1265 Post by mysticgirl916 »

Got mine changed today, I now have pale pink ligs and light gray powerchains - mostly to match some of the colors in the dress I'm wearing for my brother's wedding in two weeks

bjohnson207

#1266 Post by bjohnson207 »

Any new ligs out there? I go in next week and thinking about a color change. Any new ones for the end of summer?

MrsCharisma

#1267 Post by MrsCharisma »

I got a pretty blue this time. I might go for top and bottom colored ligs my last few weeks of treatment! :-*

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=45175

Female, 34
Braced: 1/24/13 (upper) and 5/3/13 (lower)
Sentence: 18-24 months
Ceramic uppers, metal lowers

[/url]

parsleysage

#1268 Post by parsleysage »

I got purple powerchains at my last adjustment! I am going to pick a different color next time but I can't decide. I want something brighter because you can't really tell the color of these unless you're right up in my mouth with a flashlight haha. Maybe blue or pink!

lainii

#1269 Post by lainii »

My first set of colors! Pink and blue. The pink is a bit brighter irl, but my camera is derpy it seems, haha.

parsleysage

#1270 Post by parsleysage »

I got teal powerchains! I think next time I'm going to get one color on top and another color on the bottom. I really like this color... maybe keep this color on top and hot pink on the bottom :)

Beebop

#1271 Post by Beebop »

I'm old (ish), so have always tried being discreet and had tooth coloured ligs. However, they are great until you have a curry or something with heavy tomato in it! My first ajustment since surgery they just put in silver (bottom arch only) and no staining at all! Don't really look much different either!

I've still got surgical wire on my top arch, but going for an ajustment this week, so may just go silver all the way now. Or may be brave and choose a dark colour :)

joeyyeo

#1272 Post by joeyyeo »

I have yellow on top and orange below for now! Quite liking it (:
image.jpg
Upper braces off after 636 days!

BeautifulDisaster

#1273 Post by BeautifulDisaster »

090614Day1-Smile.jpg
My first set: white & teal.

Not a fan of white, but love the teal.
I don't think my ortho's office has pearl or smoke, which I'd be interested in trying for my uppers. I think I'll try clear (on uppers) next.

27 year old female
Traditional braces: clear uppers, metal lowers
Expected treatment time: 24 months
Brace story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=47574

lainii

#1274 Post by lainii »

I got new ligs way earlier than expected due to a bracket coming off. The teal totally matches my hair, and I love it. :D
BeautifulDisaster wrote:
090614Day1-Smile.jpg
My first set: white & teal.

Not a fan of white, but love the teal.
I don't think my ortho's office has pearl or smoke, which I'd be interested in trying for my uppers. I think I'll try clear (on uppers) next.
I love that teal! It kind of reminds me of the smurfs, but in a good way haha.

BeautifulDisaster

#1275 Post by BeautifulDisaster »

I loved the teal, but I went with more neutral colors this time.
092014-Week2.jpg
Clear and silver.
The clear ligs make my teeth look oddly dull and yellow.
On the plus side, you can barely tell I have braces in pictures. It took my friends a while before they realized I got braces.
I'll probably stick to this color combo for the time being.

27 year old female
Traditional braces: clear uppers, metal lowers
Expected treatment time: 24 months
Brace story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=47574