Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ditsy

Re: Lig colours (colors)

#1291 Post by ditsy »

The pink is good! No staining so far and still nice and bright. Getting adjustment next Monday (8th) and I'm not sure what to go for next. Gonna chat to my daughter and get some ideas :D

kelly88

#1292 Post by kelly88 »

I can FINALLY join in!

It was too hard for me to pick a colour so I let my orthodontist pick (my only request was something summery haha). She picked this blue.

41twinsmom

#1293 Post by 41twinsmom »

Thanks for all the pictures and advise! Can't waist to get mine!

kelly88

#1294 Post by kelly88 »

A reason not to get silver ligs...

See those bumpers on my bottom teeth? Yuck! My fault, I ate curry twice in this past week. I had no idea how much silver stains! When my orthodontist changes them I'll be asking if they come in a different colour I think. They make my teeth look like I don't clean them which is far from the truth, I spent most of my day brushing my damn teeth :lol:

Kissyface30

#1295 Post by Kissyface30 »

Any recent pics of purple or lilac?

kelly88

#1296 Post by kelly88 »

Bumping!

I haven't had coloured ligs since my first adjustment :( My orthodontist assumed I wanted silver last time (probably because I'm an adult haha) and only realised afterwards that I may have wanted to pick another colour. I quite liked the silver though.

Yesterday I got powerchains (OUCH) on my upper teeth. My orthodontist only has clear powerchains so I'm not looking forward to the staining! I like how clean they look at the moment though :D (I'm having a reaction to something in toothpaste, excuse the horrible skin!)

kelly88

#1297 Post by kelly88 »

The bumpers and ligs on my lower teeth are silver (sort of a clear silver).

metalliKa

#1298 Post by metalliKa »

I am currently sporting pink in support of October being Cancer Awareness Month.
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

NapalmKitty

#1299 Post by NapalmKitty »

[quote="metalliKa"]I am currently sporting pink in support of October being Cancer Awareness Month.[/quote]

Same here! I've got hot pink!

nitro

#1300 Post by nitro »

Hot pink club member, checking in!

ClayMask

#1301 Post by ClayMask »

My brace bonding was last week, and I chose alternating teal and light pink for Easter. I was thinking of following the holidays with lig color choices, and having a lot of alternating colors, but I'm feeling a bit self-conscious about it at the moment. I don't see many pictures of adults wearing alternating color braces. If wearing colors, it seems most stick to a single color, or at most a different color for each row, but not alternating.

EWUgal15

#1302 Post by EWUgal15 »

ClayMask wrote:My brace bonding was last week, and I chose alternating teal and light pink for Easter. I was thinking of following the holidays with lig color choices, and having a lot of alternating colors, but I'm feeling a bit self-conscious about it at the moment. I don't see many pictures of adults wearing alternating color braces. If wearing colors, it seems most stick to a single color, or at most a different color for each row, but not alternating.
I got alternating purple and black at my initial bonding. I got tired of it pretty quickly and found that I liked solid arch colors better. But currently, I'm wearing purple on top and red on bottom except for the brackets that elastics are supposed to hook to. I have kind of a weird pattern because I have two brackets on top that are red and 4 on the bottom that are purple. I think it looks pretty cool this way.

WonkyIncisor

#1303 Post by WonkyIncisor »

I always get dark purple and only branched out from that once to get light purple. It seemed to pick up stains more, but the stains always washed off. Now I leave it at purple, but am curious about a bright orange for next time.

Plainj

#1304 Post by Plainj »

Love this thread

gendy

#1305 Post by gendy »