Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MrsCharisma

Re: Lig colours (colors)

#1216 Post by MrsCharisma »

I called myself going for it at this appointment, since it was my 6 month visit...and got a navy blue. You can hardly tell they're colored unless you're up close! :)

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=45175

Female, 34
Braced: 1/24/13 (upper) and 5/3/13 (lower)
Sentence: 18-24 months
Ceramic uppers, metal lowers

[/url]

debinator

#1217 Post by debinator »

I have glow in the dark green at the moment. I have to charge them up with a flashlight and it doesn't last too long- but it was fun showing the kids in my karate class :)

Not sure what color combo I will go for next time-
50 year old kid at heart

My story:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=44406

Debraced 2/25/14 WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

JeniK

#1218 Post by JeniK »

Ooohhh! I am getting excited!! I think I am down to 17 days!! Have been thinking about colors for the bottom.... thinking of pink....or purple or light blue. I will have clear on top...so see what they suggest. Probably clear or smoke like I have read on here! I have 1 more day to work. Then I am on vacation for 10 days! So I have time to make the final decision on my color what sitting on the plane!! Suggestions are welcome!!!!!!

Matilda

#1219 Post by Matilda »

I always go with silver but at my very last adjustment I'll go with something extremely bright. :rawk:

TMJJill

#1220 Post by TMJJill »

I've had SL brackets so I haven't had the fun with the ligs. Today I got powerchains on both my upper and lower teeth. It is the first time I've had color on both the top and bottom at the same time. I told the dental assistant to pick something fun. She gave me hot pink chains. I love how they look on my lower metal brackets. I think they look a bit odd on my clear uppers though. I think I'm pale enough that I do better with the darker colors like navy.

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

EmBee

#1221 Post by EmBee »

Hmm, I feel a little left out on the colored ligs, because whatever sort of brackets I have have these little doors on the front that hold onto the wire. I need to ask my ortho about this at my appointment tomorrow, because why shouldn't I get to make my braces a little more fun??? :mrgreen:

TMJJill

#1222 Post by TMJJill »

EmBee wrote:Hmm, I feel a little left out on the colored ligs, because whatever sort of brackets I have have these little doors on the front that hold onto the wire. I need to ask my ortho about this at my appointment tomorrow, because why shouldn't I get to make my braces a little more fun??? :mrgreen:
Sounds like you are in self-ligating braces. That is the kind I have. The only colors I've had have been the powerchains.

Bracedsurgerystudent had self-ligating braces with ligs. They put the elastics on under her wire. They were just cosmetic and didn't actually have a function in her treatment.

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

samoorelaw

#1223 Post by samoorelaw »

How do you shrink a picture to be able to post? Want to post an iPhone pic of my silver power chain on top and purple power chain on bottom but the file size is too big.
Braces removed for 3rd and final time July 14, 2016!!!!

Permanent 8 crowns front 8 teeth (upper) January 30, 2015

Braces removed again December 3, 2014!!

Partial braces re-installation September 25, 2014

Braces removed September 4, 2014!

MrsCharisma

#1224 Post by MrsCharisma »

I use an app called "resize image" to make the files smaller or if I'm on my work PC I just make them smaller in paint or something.

edited to add: if you're not on a windows machine but on a mac, you can resize in iPhoto as well.

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=45175

Female, 34
Braced: 1/24/13 (upper) and 5/3/13 (lower)
Sentence: 18-24 months
Ceramic uppers, metal lowers

[/url]

JeniK

#1225 Post by JeniK »

First adjustment yesterday....I now have silver ligs on top and bottom.

samoorelaw

#1226 Post by samoorelaw »

MrsCharisma wrote:I use an app called "resize image" to make the files smaller or if I'm on my work PC I just make them smaller in paint or something.

edited to add: if you're not on a windows machine but on a mac, you can resize in iPhoto as well.
Thank you! Figured it out.

I have attached a picture showing the silver on top and purple on bottom. Can't wait to fix the underbite! I also want to do professional whitening, as my top is looking yellow even though I constantly brush with whitening and peroxide toothpaste. Had double power chains put on bottom at yesterday's adjustment because my gap in front doesn't want to close but the assistant couldn't get the second power chain on the top of the ceramic brackets. Has anyone had this happen? Once these gaps close, the ortho can then do study models in preparation for my upper jaw surgery. So close and yet so far away.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JeniK

#1227 Post by JeniK »

I have clear on top....and I picked the silver ligs for both top and bottom. I looked in the mirror when I get in the car....yuck! My top teeth looked terrible!! I also brush with the same as you do. I think it must have been the lighting...I brushed when I got home...and they do not look nearly as yellow as I thought they did at first...maybe the silver ligs ??

samoorelaw

#1228 Post by samoorelaw »

JeniK wrote:I have clear on top....and I picked the silver ligs for both top and bottom. I looked in the mirror when I get in the car....yuck! My top teeth looked terrible!! I also brush with the same as you do. I think it must have been the lighting...I brushed when I got home...and they do not look nearly as yellow as I thought they did at first...maybe the silver ligs ??
Could be the lighting or the silver ligs or both. But I still think my lower teeth look much lighter compared to the top even in natural lighting. I obsess with the whiteness of my teeth so it's a bit disappointing to see them looking so yellow.

SunshineRay

#1229 Post by SunshineRay »

samoorelaw wrote:
JeniK wrote:I have clear on top....and I picked the silver ligs for both top and bottom. I looked in the mirror when I get in the car....yuck! My top teeth looked terrible!! I also brush with the same as you do. I think it must have been the lighting...I brushed when I got home...and they do not look nearly as yellow as I thought they did at first...maybe the silver ligs ??
Could be the lighting or the silver ligs or both. But I still think my lower teeth look much lighter compared to the top even in natural lighting. I obsess with the whiteness of my teeth so it's a bit disappointing to see them looking so yellow.
Mine are the same. I am only braced on the top and they look sooo yellow compared to my bottom teeth. I have pearl ligs.

Jenik- do you like the silver better then pearl?

samoorelaw

#1230 Post by samoorelaw »

SunshineRay wrote:
samoorelaw wrote:
Mine are the same. I am only braced on the top and they look sooo yellow compared to my bottom teeth. I have pearl ligs.

Jenik- do you like the silver better then pearl?
The pearl could be your issue: I had pearl/tooth-colored ligs on two adjustments ago and my upper teeth definitely looked more yellow with those than they do now with the silver ligs.

Looking at the pic I posted above, I realize how blurry it is. That happened when I first cropped the image to get my face out of it (since we're not permitted to post pics of our faces) and then used the app to size down the picture. Wonder how I can re-size the picture and take the blurriness out.