what 2 color ligs do you think look best together.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

csblackburn

gold ligs

#16 Post by csblackburn »

I was too much of a chicken when I had mine put on 3 weeks ago. I decided to go with the gold ligs to go with the gold brackets. When my first adjustment comes in October, I'll be getting blue on top and red on bottom. Go Red Sox!

;)
Got braces? http://www.igotbraces.com
The orthodontic and orthognathic surgery support forum for everyone.

csblackburn

Re: gold ligs

#17 Post by csblackburn »

KK wrote:
csblackburn wrote:
Your gold braces look fantastic csblackburn!

I have no idea who the Red Sox are ... but those colours sound like they'd go great with gold braces! :banana: Go the Mighty All Blacks!
Thanks, KK. I wanted ceramics but since I'm getting Orthognathic surgery my orthodontist recommended against them and suggested gold. So far, nothing but good comments which helps since I'm only 3 weeks in.

The Boston Red Sox are a baseball team and 2004 World Series champs after 86 years of futility. I know who the All Blacks are. Whatever happened to Jonah Lomu?

Cary

Rebraced

#18 Post by Rebraced »

Does anyone know if you can do colors with clear brackets. I am getting clear put on next week on both the top and bottom and I might at some point want to go a little wild.. Any suggestions?
Chris
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Braced on 9/20/05 Top and Bottom
Clear brackets with wire ties

fyrelight

#19 Post by fyrelight »

Yep, you can wear colors with ceramics OR metals..

Just have fun!
Pamela W.
FORMER IMPACTED CANINES,

csblackburn

Re: gold ligs

#20 Post by csblackburn »

KK wrote: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Baseball ... I used to coach softball ... kinda the same I think ... but I was coaching high school not the level you're referring to!

Jonah nearly died from kidney disease, but has had a transplant and was going to make a come back to rugby ... although I think most of us Jonah fans didn't really want him to do it ... but he did play a bit of a game in England ... a testimonial game and I don't think he pulled up to great ... so now is helping more in an advisory capacity for rugby in New Zealand.

I've got five ceramic brackets on the top and the rest are metal ... just got the bottoms on today ... am really pleased I didn't get ceramic on the bottom ... the metal are smaller and yet they seem to cover a heap of my teeth! I also got purple ligs today ... and that has made everything so much better!
It's good to hear Jonah is doing good. I didn't even know about his kidney problems. The last I had heard of him was that he had turned down an extremely good offer to play football (American) in the U.S. It would have been interesting to see some of the other SPAMMERS LIKE ME reactions when he would simply run over them.

Hey, I love your purple ligs with your ceramics. That looks great! I don't think I'd get away with getting purple though. Not exactly very masculine, if you know what I mean.

Cary

Rebraced

#21 Post by Rebraced »

WOW the colors look real cool with clear brackets. I guess my ortho and I decided on clear so they would be less noticable however if I put color ligatures on it will defeat the purpose. I'll get wire ties on top and maybe color on the bottom. What has been the general reaction you all get from others when they see you have colored braces? I am just curious because I think it would be really fun to make the best of this situation however I don't want anyone thining I am going off the deep end. Any thoughts? By the way this is one of the best most informative forums I have ever come across and has helped educate me in my whole decision making process.
Chris
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Braced on 9/20/05 Top and Bottom
Clear brackets with wire ties

jaws

#22 Post by jaws »

The only alternating colours that I ever got were purple and blue, and I liked them:

Braces are Now Off!
Metal Braces Top and Bottom
Expanders Top and Bottom
April 11th 2005-June 27th 2006

hannah164

#23 Post by hannah164 »

Meryaten.
those black and orange ligs look awesome especially on the ceramics! Thats awesome that you feel brave enough to do colors, its much more fun that way.

-Hannah :frogbraces:

swiftchick

#24 Post by swiftchick »

Oh my, my rainbow ligs DO get around don't they? thanks to kayla 4644, they have even escaped their original thread of "who had the pic of the rainbow ligs?" and are running rampant all over the message board.

i love my rainbow! teehee.

Anyway, the alternating ligs that i've had so far have been

navy blue and sky blue (this one was the best)
navy blue and turquoise (this one was pretty nice)
and the aforementioned rainbow (very very nice)

my friend had light blue and silver (on metal braces). it was an interesting look, because it was all light colored and soft, but it was also kind of weird because it looked like she didn't have ligs on some teeth (the ones with silver ligs) and then it looked like she did have ligs on the others (the ones with the light blue). It was like... "make up your mind: do you want obvious braces or not?" maybe it just looked weird to me because i was looking so closely- being a fellow braceface.

i like jaws' purple and blue braces. i'm thinking of trying that next time.

megan_in_pink

#25 Post by megan_in_pink »

i can't remeber what one i have but right now i have a gray pc on the top and baby blue on the lower

Braced Bobcat

#26 Post by Braced Bobcat »

Typically I wear red & black ( high school I work at) or green & white (michigan state university). For wedding I was in I used pink & silver/grey. But my fav by far was neon pink and neon green.
Yeah, braces make me look 16 yrs but so what!?!?

lpgapro

#27 Post by lpgapro »

I'm jealous! I haven't gotten to choose ligs. :( My braces are metal and lock the archwire into the bracket. I asked about them and my ortho told me it would slow down my progress and they would be for looks only. Seems as if I am going to miss out on the fun....These are really a pain when I have popped a bracket as the bracket stays on the wire...it takes a special tool to get it off....Hopefully this doesn't happen often.

Have fun! :lol: