1st adjustment - oofpha!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Nanhut

1st adjustment - oofpha!!

#1 Post by Nanhut »

I went for my first adjustment today OUCH :( What I was wondering is this... on my front teeth top and bottom, they did not put on ligs... they put on this small wire thing spun around and around the bracket.
1. What are these things called?
2. She said that it is wire so it doesn't discolor like the clear ligs... I had brocolli and they turned green!!!

Frusturating.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Wired:7/26/05
Estimated treatment: 12 months
See 'Our Braces Stories' for pics and info.

alexa

#2 Post by alexa »

Wire ties.

They turned green?? Gross. :(
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#3 Post by nahky »

Sounds rather odd. I have tie wires and they have never turned any colour. It is wire and will not change colour, it just stays a metal wire colour.
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

MadeIn1984

#4 Post by MadeIn1984 »

Aww, man! I just had my first adjustment last Thursday, too, and I all I can say is *CRINGE*. lol I had a coil installed into my archwire to create some more space between my bottom front laterals since it's pretty crowded down there.

It's so funny how you say your ligs turned green from the brocolli you ate - I chose green ligs this time around! :D
Visit me on MySpace! :wink: