Impressions and Braces Same Day

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mackenzie

Impressions and Braces Same Day

#1 Post by mackenzie »

Tomorrow I'm getting impressions and top braces. Has anyone else had their impressions that same day? I thought the ortho has to look at them to figure out where to put the brackets.

Also, I'm getting butterflies now. I can't believe I'm actually doing this but I'm trying not to think about it and be like YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE COME HERE YOU SHOULD GO TO THE COTTAGE DOROTHY! OH SUGAR BARBARA STANWYCK - Just Do It -

My plan is to leave school at 10:00 for my 10:40 appointment and stop at my favorite coney island to have an early lunch before everything. :D

alexa

#2 Post by alexa »

I had a sort of crazy start to my braces journey.

I went in for my consultation, the ortho saw me and explained that my treatment would last 2-2 and a half years, and then I would get retainers that I would need to wear 24/7 for one year, and then at night forever. They explained that I needed four teeth extracted, and then perhaps soon after the ortho treatment, I would need to invest on having the wisdom teeth removed. They explained the cost, and the plan that they offered, and then just said, "So, ya wanna do it?"

I decided I did, and they sent me that same day to their x-ray office, where I had xrays done of my teeth, then I brought them back to the ortho office and I had the impressions made of my teeth. I figured that would be it for the day, and that then I would come back after my extractions were done. Wrong. they put in 8 spacers and then affixed brackets to my top teeth, with an exception of the two that would be extracted.

Then I was done until I got my teeth extracted. The next time I went back I finished the banding process.

I thought it was pretty weird that I had all of that done on the first day, but that's what happened!

Alexa
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

BraceUrself

#3 Post by BraceUrself »

wow you 2! What a whirlwind! I have waited so long for my braces that I feel like it can't happen for me soon enough but geez-you guys have definitely gone through alot really FAST! I had my initial consultation, 2 weeks later, impressions done, 2 weeks later,additional x-rays & photos & then 20 days later the spacers & 2 weeks from that-BRACES DAY!(which will be 10/2)
Good luck on your journey!!
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time

mackenzie

#4 Post by mackenzie »

I had consultation and x-rays the same day. My brother got spacers for his palate expander that day. The next day we went back and his spacers came out and he got impressions for his expander. I got spacers that day. Now 10 days later I'm getting braces TOMORROW! (and impressions) Eek!

Echo

#5 Post by Echo »

I could have gotten my braces put on the same day as my consultation if I wanted to. I opted to wait a few days to think it over. I made another appointment 2 days later, where they took all of the xrays and photos (no impressions made) and installed the braces (no spacers needed, molar brackets glued right on the tooth like all the other brackets). I was very shocked when after my consult they asked if I wanted to start right then!
[/url]

sunflr77

#6 Post by sunflr77 »

The day of my consultation I had xrays done.
My ortho scheduled me for a week later to have my braces put on. I had impressions taken on the same day.

Now that I think of it, I think my ortho did it so quickly so I wouldn't change my mind or go off and have another ortho do my treatment. I didn't mind it though because I could barely sleep during the 1 waiting week I couldn't imagine not being able to sleep for longer than that.

caringiscreepy

#7 Post by caringiscreepy »

Wow I wish I'd got my braces that fast, my ortho appointments were always months apart and with waiting for my extractions (where the letter to the dentist apparently got lost 3 times) and the x-rays at the hospital I was waiting 9 months in all before being braced.

Braces on: 13th July 2005
Estimated Treatment Time: 18 months

**shinyhappybraceface**

#8 Post by **shinyhappybraceface** »

My journey to getting braces has also taken months...

6/30 - Appointment with Dentist for cleaning & referral

7/26 - Consultation with Orthodontist #1, discussion of options and panoramic x-ray

8/1 - Appointment with Dentist for Periodontal Evaluation

8/9 - Second opinion with Orthodontist #2...plus decision made to go with Orthodontist #1

8/17 - I had more questions so Ortho #1 squeezed me in to speak with him again

9/1 - Appointment to have diagnostic records taken - photos, xrays and impressions done. Appointment lasted about 45 minutes

9/7 - Braces on!!!! Image

9/27 - Appointment for consultation with OS re: impacted wisdom teeth - I opted not to wait for the braces since this was the earliest appointment I could get. Since my teeth aren't bothering me, I'm not planning to have them out for a while.
The future is no place to place your better days. ~DMB