powerchain pain?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

newsboysgrl777

#31 Post by newsboysgrl777 »

I'm starting to get some serious power-chain-pain, myself. Whether it's really the PCs or the newer wire...OW! :'( *cry* Here's to fast movement and as little discomfort as possible...to all of us!! 8)

at long last

#32 Post by at long last »

I'm feeling the pain today too. I had a new wire, powerchain and elastics added yesterday. Too much done at once to be able to identify what is causing all the pain, but I'm guessing that it is the elastics, not the powerchain! I also can't really chew anything today and I feel the same that I did when the braces were put on. Not eating much more than some Jello at the moment!

Bracefacegal

#33 Post by Bracefacegal »

I got my powerchains on today/plus the return of my sure smile wires (had to go for heavy duty wires to close some stubborn gaps) and a WHOLE LOTTA PAIN...

...I can't even bite into a banana at the moment...so I can certainly empathize with your pain.

Hang in though....the end result is worth it!
It's never too late to fix your smile! :)

MrMetalMouth1029

#34 Post by MrMetalMouth1029 »

After what I just read, I don't think I can complain anymore, lol! It's been a few weeks now since the powerchain was applied and life is back to normal. The pain only lasted about 4 or 5 days. I'm back to eating anything and everything. To those of you who just got the powerchains put in--or soon will--the pain is terrible but temporary :) The elastics are starting to scare me now...I've not heard any mention of them yet, but I have a feeling they're coming up soon! Hang in there all!
Braced (upper and lower): 10/29/08
Debraced: 3/17/10
Now sportin' a permanent bottom retainer
Alternate clear retainers every 12 hours

shane21

Re: powerchain pain?

#35 Post by shane21 »

give it a week or so... my power chain is not working anymore. my ortho adjusted my braces every 2nd week but today i don't feel a single pain.. im so frustrated... i miss the pain in my mouth :D

Speck

#36 Post by Speck »

Six + months into braces and elastomer chains (top & bottom) were placed around 29 hours ago. But who's counting? Good golly, spacers were a painful experience but these things take a close second place. And in just over a day's time my bite has gone wonky? Yep.

I managed to knock down a sandwich today; it wasn't easy. I recall as a kid classmates with braces and their peculiar facial expressions while eating. Yeah, I finally get it.

I know, this is an old thread. But hey, commiseration is not to be under-rated, right?
-Andy

lyna42215

#37 Post by lyna42215 »

Day 5 of getting my power chain on top teeth. Worse pain so far of having braces.

vampirefangs22

#38 Post by vampirefangs22 »

Powerchains are painful when you first get them, but they'll eventually stop giving you pain as your mouth gradually gets used to them. I remember when powerchains were painful for me in February 2020 when I first got them, but now they aren't painful at all.

Lower braces - Halloween 2019
Upper braces - January 9th, 2020
Debonded since May 4th, 2023