Has anyone gotten braces with short roots?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Elaf

Has anyone gotten braces with short roots?

#1 Post by Elaf »

I had braces as a child and jaw surgery however due to a sports accident the roots of my two central incisors shortened. My braces were subsequently removed. I am now in my 30s and unhappy with my teeth still. According to the x ray I have about 30% of my roots left. Has anyone had braces with short roots/ is it doable to find an orthodontist that will do it? Please share your story

trifecta

Re: Has anyone gotten braces with short roots?

#2 Post by trifecta »

Hi Elaf. Have you had a recent consultation with any orthodontists? I would suggest having a consultation with a periodontist to make sure that you are a good candidate for orthodontics. I don't really think that it would matter which order you had the consultations but even if you have an orthodontist willing to take the case I would still want the periodontal consult just be sure everything is good to go.
Orthodontics in and of itself can cause some root shortening and if you are starting with shortened roots you just want to proceed with caution. Hope this helps!

Extractionslucy

Re: Has anyone gotten braces with short roots?

#3 Post by Extractionslucy »

I have short roots on the front!