Coil springs

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jackiedapsycho

Coil springs

#1 Post by jackiedapsycho »

Hello! I just got a spring on my braces yesterday. I thought my teeth were doing pretty good, and they looked like they were lining up with each other, but then they kept talking about "repo" on certain teeth. I got kinda scared because I had no idea what they were talking about. 😅 But she took off one of the brackets and put on a spring. Can anyone tell me what that's for? I just wanted to know a little bit about them.

djspeece

Re: Coil springs

#2 Post by djspeece »

Congrats on making the decision to start your orthodontic adventure! You can of course do a Google search on orthodontic springs such as this one https://www.adventureortho.com/why-do-s ... 0gapping. to find out more information. The springs are used for lots of "issues" and provide gentle continuous pressure. I had them and did not think they were as much hassle as elastics -- you may get those in the future as well, most of seem to. You might find some other good information on this board's landing page, especially the "Articles about Braces" section. See https://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/index.php.
Best of luck to you!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

jackiedapsycho

Re: Coil springs

#3 Post by jackiedapsycho »

Ohh, okay! Thank you! That helped clear it up a bit. I'll definitely check out that section that you mentioned. Thank you again. 😊