Lower lingual arch

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Natb1905

Lower lingual arch

#1 Post by Natb1905 »

Hi everyone! I am getting braces next week and am dreading it! Adult aged 32!
I have to get 2 extractions and a lower lingual arch. I am wondering what everyone’s experience was with the arch? Did it impact your speech or give you a lisp? Did it massively cut your tongue?
Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

djspeece

Re: Lower lingual arch

#2 Post by djspeece »

I can't directly help you, but I did do a search on this board and came up with many pages herein: https://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/searc ... 5B0%5D=13 . It may be bit much to read through but I think you'll find some interesting perspectives. Best of luck to you!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

bigopenbite

Re: Lower lingual arch

#3 Post by bigopenbite »

Hi, I had a lower lingual arch and TPA, neither of which cut my tongue, just a little harder to floss no big deal.