Bluegrass Appliance

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Emily823

Bluegrass Appliance

#1 Post by Emily823 »

Hello,

I am getting braces and a bluegrass appliance the week of November 13 to correct a tongue thrusting issue and the damage it has done to my teeth. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this appliance and could offer some insight on what to expect, as I can't find much on Google and all my orthodontist told me is to expect to have a lisp for the entire time that it is in (about six months). Was drooling or spitting an issue for you? Was it difficult to eat? How bad was the lisp? Did it get any better for you after an adjustment period, or did it stay the same level of awful pretty much the entire time you had it? I work with children and I'm worried about how they will react to an adult with braces and a lisp!

Any help is appreciated!

djspeece

Re: Bluegrass Appliance

#2 Post by djspeece »

I have no experience with it and so I am of no help, but here is a search I did on this forum which may give you a few leads: search.php?keywords=bluegrass+&fid%5B0%5D=13 . You'll need to post about 7 times (see FAQs) before you can reach out and IM people on the forum. Best of luck to you!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying