Moving molars forward

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nuttybunny

Moving molars forward

#1 Post by nuttybunny »

I got 4 premolars extracted in June. I’m looking for a way to not lose tongue space. Is it possible to move back teeth all the way forward? Has anyone had this done? What is the experience like?

UCarter

Re: Moving molars forward

#2 Post by UCarter »

I once went to my orthodontist to get a bracket fixed, and after seeing a space between my canine and premolar (bottom row) he PUSHED three of my molars forward. Hurt like crazy for a couple seconds, but it closed a 1mm big gap. I don't know what your situation is like. Maybe braces would work?

bigopenbite

Re: Moving molars forward

#3 Post by bigopenbite »

Here is a link to a YouTube clip where an orthodontist says molars can be moved forward with a facemask even in adults. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7c_uMXMtgBo