Bite blocks hurting my teeth terribly

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Yuqin

Bite blocks hurting my teeth terribly

#1 Post by Yuqin »

Ok so I just got braces a few days ago, I have a really bad overbite so they put two bite blocks, one right one left, on my bottom teeth. And the thing is, these little blue things are POINTY. And they’re drilling into my upper teeth every time I put my jaw together. I can’t chew anything, speak properly, and I have to keep my jaw hanging all day.

Besides the pain, the bite blocks aren’t even, and it’s WORSENING my cross bite, I seriously do not know what to do. Even with out these bite blocks, my upper teeth will not hit my braces, I know my own mouth.

Dunnyet

Re: Bite blocks hurting my teeth terribly

#2 Post by Dunnyet »

Hi, welcome to the forum! I have a large overbite (deep bite), and I have to wear a bite plate to prevent my upper teeth from hitting my lower brackets. It really doesn’t bother me at all, but it does give me a slight lisp- nothing serious! I have to wear it all the time, even when eating. It’s removable for cleaning and brushing/ flossing my teeth. Ask your orthodontist if this is an option for you. Or maybe he/she can make your bite blocks smaller? It’s always best to communicate with your orthodontist if you have issues! Good luck with your treatment! How long is your “sentence”? Mine is 24-30 months, I’m 4 1/2 months in! Bring your bling and smile!
Cheers!