Your orthodontist’s/ dentist’s gender

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dunnyet

Your orthodontist’s/ dentist’s gender

#1 Post by Dunnyet »

Greetings all! At the risk of opening up a real ‘ can of worms’, I’m asking one simple question- is your orthodontist/dentist male or female? I’ve noticed a lot more women in the dental profession in the last 10-15 years, I’m asking out of curiosity. Please allow me to start this off- my dentist and my orthodontist are both female.

trifecta

Re: Your orthodontist’s/ dentist’s gender

#2 Post by trifecta »

My orthodontist and general dentists are both female as well. My general dentist is my wife.
We met in dental school. Back then the majority of the students in dental school were
male, probably 135 out of 150 in my class. These days enrollment has completely flipped with probably
60 - 70% of the students being women.

djspeece

Re: Your orthodontist’s/ dentist’s gender

#3 Post by djspeece »

My general dentist in Maryland was female, and my orthodontist male. Both were excellent. Since moving back to Ohio, I have a husband-wife tag team for my general dentistry needs. I was debraced a number of years ago, so no orthodontist is in the picture! On a side note, I recently spotted an Ohio license plate "toothmvr" on a Mercedes which did indeed turn into the parking lot of an orthodontist's office.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying