Braces timing

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dunnyet

Braces timing

#1 Post by Dunnyet »

Hi- I’m wondering if any of our members get their braces installed shortly before a major event- Christmas, wedding, birthday, graduation, etc. There’s a possibility I’ll get mine shortly before Christmas this year! All I want for Christmas is a metal mouth...

vampirefangs22

Re: Braces timing

#2 Post by vampirefangs22 »

I got my lower braces on Halloween 2019. I remember seeing everyone (including my orthodontist) dressed up in a costume that day and I remember leaving the orthodontist's office with some candy and some toothpaste. I also remember how the office was decorated for Halloween.

Lower braces - Halloween 2019
Upper braces - January 9th, 2020
Debonded since May 4th, 2023

Dunnyet

#3 Post by Dunnyet »

Your orthodontist gave you candy and toothpaste, that is so cool!! I hope it was soft candy so you could chew it with your new braces! I wonder what kind of “treat(ment)” my orthodontist will give me.

djspeece

#4 Post by djspeece »

If you call "summer" a major event, I qualify. At the time I didn't think much of it, until I got a hankering for corn-on-the cob which I avoided mainly due to the mess I'm sure it would have left in my mouth, and I just didn't want to spend the time trying to blast out all the debris with a water-pic. Happily, once the braces were off I made up for lost time. Driving by a field of corn was nearly an erotic event.
I have read some threads here in which the writer postponed braces until after a holiday, mainly to avoid interfering with eating a holiday meal (e.g., Thanksgiving here in the U.S.) as there is generally some significant issues adjusting to braces (as you know) in the first few months. In any event, best of luck to you!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Dunnyet

#5 Post by Dunnyet »

Hi everybody, I was at my orthodontist yesterday for impressions for my bite plate, my braces go on next week, one day before my birthday!! Good thing cake is soft!!!
Cheers!!!

djspeece

#6 Post by djspeece »

Congratulations and Happy Birthday! Best of luck to you!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying