Could Invisalign with IPR or elastics reduce protrusion?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jjosephine94

Could Invisalign with IPR or elastics reduce protrusion?

#1 Post by Jjosephine94 »

I just got braces off to close open bite with palate expander and elastics. However I am not happy with how protruded and slanted my teeth look. Could Invisalign with IPR or elastics help reduce protrusion?

jem

Re: Could Invisalign with IPR or elastics reduce protrusion?

#3 Post by jem »

I think your teeth look lovely. I don't see any obvious protrusion. Can you close your lips fully?

If you are unhappy with your treatment outcome, I suggest you discuss with your orthodontist.

What sort of retainers do you have? Perhaps some IPR in combination with slightly activated hawleys might push your teeth a little further inwards?

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

djspeece

Re: Could Invisalign with IPR or elastics reduce protrusion?

#4 Post by djspeece »

I would agree with Jem. especially with his recommendation for discussing the issue with your ortho. It looks as though your front teeth are angled outwards a bit, which may be necessary in your case to ensure a functional bite. But in any event, your teeth look very good to me, and I wish you the best of luck to achieve complete happiness with the ultimate result.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying