Does advanced clarity braces stain less?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hunnybunchesok

Does advanced clarity braces stain less?

#1 Post by hunnybunchesok »

After 15 years, I am in need of braces. I made the decision to go ceramic next week but everyone on forums is saying they wish they had gone metal instead because of the staining and that it’s bulky or that people tend to stare at their mouth trying to figure out what is on their teeth!

Now this sounds even more self conscious than metal! I am wondering if maybe I should just go metal instead. Are ceramics that bad? I’ve done a search ok here and found someone’s journey and they said they have advanced clarity 3m braces that don’t stain and also to get silver bands. So I want to know if anyone else has experience with this brand because it’s what my ortho will be using.

Ciao78

Re: Does advanced clarity braces stain less?

#2 Post by Ciao78 »

Good evening,
How's it going with your white fixed braces?
Would you still choose it?

djspeece

Re: Does advanced clarity braces stain less?

#3 Post by djspeece »

I had the ceramics, and even though they weren't as invisible as the marketing materials lead me to believe, I'd probably get them again, but really I don't think metal is a bad look. They (ceramics) really didn't stain, and I drink coffee every day, sometimes all day. They may be a bit more bulky, but it's probably negligible. Sorry, but I don't recall what brand I had. I suspect they are all pretty similar, though. Best of luck to you!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying