How bad is a forsus - really?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Demeter

How bad is a forsus - really?

#1 Post by Demeter »

My 14 year old is about to get a forsus to move her jaw forward as one of the last stages of her braces. She's had them for 2 years, so she's used to rubber bands and adjustments. She's pretty worried about the forsus so I was wondering if anyone here could calm her nerves somewhat? She's getting it on a Tuesday, and that weekend she has a dance competition Friday - Sunday out of state. She's worried about it bothering her/being in pain and interfering with dancing. She's also a choir/theater kid who sings, and she's worried about being able to sing properly with the springs in her mouth. We've been delaying it due to auditions, solos, and such at the end of the school year, but it's to the point where we have to get it over with. If anybody can give some insight on what to expect I'd appreciate it! TIA!