Bite Turbos for Overbite - how long does it take?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mindbender

Bite Turbos for Overbite - how long does it take?

#1 Post by mindbender »

My son just got bite turbos glued on the back of his front two teeth which we got no warning about or much of an explanation except that it's to help his overbite. He's 15 years old. For those of you who had them put in for this purpose, how long before they resolved the overbite? Did your molars actually meet after awhile? Do they help with moving the bottom jaw forward as well as the overbite? His top two teeth covered about 90% of his bottom teeth, just overbite, not jutted out.

Second question - how are bite turbos removed? I assumed there was some solvent for the glue but I've read about "grinding" them off. Now I'm worried about the two front teeth being damaged.

Nabba786r

Re: Bite Turbos for Overbite - how long does it take?

#2 Post by Nabba786r »

Hi I’ve had bite turbos I don’t think they directly impact the overbite it’s just to stop you from biting down on the bracket and breaking the bracket basically well that’s what I was told. And the orthodontist or dentist will be able to remove them quiet easily without damaging any teeth.

Nabba786r

Re: Bite Turbos for Overbite - how long does it take?

#3 Post by Nabba786r »

What will reduce the overbite is the braces them selves and he might also be given elastics that will move the jaw or teeth depending on the overbite etc