Molar caps

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tsutsu

Molar caps

#1 Post by Tsutsu »

Hey! So I've got my braces with molar caps for a while now. There was from the beginning this weird taste / awful smell coming from one of them. I went to the dentist and he needed to remove glue that they didn't remove so that got stuck in my gums and now the taste got worse. Is this something to be concerned about?

djspeece

Re: Molar caps

#2 Post by djspeece »

Yes - the bad taste and awful smell could indicate infection. Be on the lookout for swollen lymph nodes in your neck, just below your mandible, or on either side of your windpipe/esophagus. But even in the absence of swollen lymph nodes, I would be concerned. I would make appointments with your dentist and ortho ASAP. Best of luck to you.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying