Damon braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Braces2021

Damon braces

#1 Post by Braces2021 »

Just got Damon braces put on top won’t get the bottoms for 2-3 months. What can I expect at my first appointment for adjustments? Do they just change out the wire?

Nozzelnut

Re: Damon braces

#2 Post by Nozzelnut »

They’ll open all the gates and remove the wire. Depending on tooth movement they’ll keep the same wire or make a change. This round in Damon’s has a lot less pressure right after an adjustment than regular brackets.

Your teeth might look worse before they look better. It’s a slow and steady as compared to a sprint.
Round 3 (lifetime) Damon stainless applied 3/16/20 (after 4 weeks attempting invisalign) On for about 18 months
Night time elastics with invisalign retainers; still...
Double jaw surgery was 6/18/15...
Orthodontics never really ends...
I'm emphatically against extraction orthodontics!

Nabba786r

#3 Post by Nabba786r »

I have had the Damon and as the above guy mentioned about the gates exactly that however you will still feel pain the first week or two when you eat. Once the pain has gone and the wires get changed you won’t feel that same pain again

EldonBrown

#4 Post by EldonBrown »

My friend is wearing Damon braces.

Ciao78

#5 Post by Ciao78 »

Good evening,
Could this type of fixed dental appliance also be used to do maxillofacial pre surgery?
Even the white one ??