Impacted lower wisdom teeth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Deepbiteau

Impacted lower wisdom teeth

#1 Post by Deepbiteau »

Did you need to get your wisdom teeth removed?
My lower ones are grown pretty much horizontally.
And my upper ones are just grown to the sides, towards the cheek area, I imagine they could be straightened though?
What’s your experience? Do you think I only need to extract the lower ones before treatment and can keep the oper ones?

djspeece

Re: Impacted lower wisdom teeth

#2 Post by djspeece »

That's definitely a question for a qualified orthodontist. I had all of my molars extracted when I joined the Navy -- they didn't want any problems if I were to deploy to places where, ahh, dental care was not available! Best of luck to you!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

vampirefangs22

Re: Impacted lower wisdom teeth

#3 Post by vampirefangs22 »

It's likely that your oral surgeon will remove all 4 of them, especially because of the fact that unopposed upper molars (such as upper wisdom teeth) can overerupt and this can cause more problems.

Lower braces - Halloween 2019
Upper braces - January 9th, 2020
Debonded since May 4th, 2023