Have you avoided lower jaw surgery with deep bite(class 2 division 2)?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Deepbiteau

Have you avoided lower jaw surgery with deep bite(class 2 division 2)?

#1 Post by Deepbiteau »

I have a deep bite similar to this, only a tiny bit less pronounced.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mi ... t_Q640.jpg

What experience have you had correcting this kind of bite without surgery? Have you had TMJ problems afterwards or other issues?

I don’t like the fact that my upper teeth aren’t visible when I smile and they’re turned inwards, I would like to have a more visible smile. Is it possible to create a small overjet with the orthodontic treatment and leave the jaw a bit tucked back as it is, in order to avoid the surgery? i‘m pretty scared of the possible nerve damage. I‘m considering it... but maybe I can postpone it till I am 40, if I really find my jaw makes me look really old by then. I‘m 31 now, female.

I‘m also kinda afraid that the orthodontic treatment my push back the upper arcade even more to fit my lower teeth and affect my upper lip support and profile.

I‘m going to post a photo of myself in a few days(had a hard bump to my nose and it hurts to smile).
Until then, your shared experiences would help me tremendously!