Powerchains

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Nabba786r

Powerchains

#1 Post by Nabba786r »

Hi I have had Damon braces on from July 2020 and elastics for overjet however they decided to put powerchain on the top teeth from what I have read is that to close gaps ? As I didn’t have many gaps yet maybe only one gap so I was wondering will that help push my upper teeth back to reduce over jet or is it purely to close gaps?

Thanks

assertives

Re: Powerchains

#2 Post by assertives »

Powerchains are not just used to close gaps. They can also be used to keep several teeth in a unit to prevent them from moving or gaps forming as the ortho works on moving other teeth.