Class 2

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Nabba786r

Class 2

#1 Post by Nabba786r »

Hi I have had class 2 elastics now for about 2 months or just over when will I start to see changes as of yet I can’t see any changes so far and there has been no extractions

djspeece

Re: Class 2

#2 Post by djspeece »

Congrats on taking the plunge. Unless you are taking pictures regularly, it is very difficult to assess changes -- they are slow (something like 1mm per month at most) and quite subtle, especially at the beginning when the ortho is attempting to simply align the teeth more or less vertically around the arches, without a lot of lateral movement. There is a sticky on this forum, something about a time-lapse series of photographs that someone posted a few years ago. That might help you appreciate how slow things are. Best of luck to you.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Nabba786r

Re: Class 2

#3 Post by Nabba786r »

Ohh I see I’ve had them for a couple months 2-3 at most now but thanks for the reply helps me understand how slow it was and why as I wasn’t aware I thought nothing was happening lol as they have given me 3 different elastics I’m on the third ones now but thank you appreciate it 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼