Seriously? Bracket fell off already - 2nd day

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

marathon

Seriously? Bracket fell off already - 2nd day

#1 Post by marathon »

Ugh, it's only day 2 and I already dislodged a bracket. :( I was eating, but nothing weird...just some soft bread and cheese in small pieces. It's a Saturday so I have to wait until Monday to call them. It's so annoying, the bracket is just floating there on the wire and keeps getting turned around.

It's a tooth that's set back a bit from the ones on either side and slightly stained as a result. Maybe that one's going to be a problem?

Carno

Re: Seriously? Bracket fell off already - 2nd day

#2 Post by Carno »

I wouldn't worry too much about it, I had the same thing happen to me a couple days after getting braces on. Sounds like the tooth was in a similar position to mine as well, but after getting the bracket put back on, I've not had any more issues.

raph

#3 Post by raph »

Don't worry! It happened to me twice on the very first day, and never again.
I had my braces put on in the morning, and I chose the softest thing from the work cafeteria for lunch. I lost three brackets on lower (pre) molars at once.
Went back to the orthodontist, they put them back in, with a thinner wire than before, added a rubber thingy on the tooth that was the most out of alignment, and I went back to work. I was still hungry, and the next thing I ate also made me lose one bracket.
I went back in the evening and they added resin dots under my molars on both sides to prevent me from biting on the bracket. The tooth shifted fast enough that I only needed these resin things for a month, and I've never lost a bracket again (it's been 8 months).

Badbiteguy

#4 Post by Badbiteguy »

Ha! I’ve just had the same thing happen to me on day 3. My orthodontist had trouble initially attaching the brackets to a couple of crowns I have and it looks like the same bracket has come loose. He wasn’t to phased when I rang him today and I going back in three days to have it refixed.

marathon

#5 Post by marathon »

It's been over a month now--no further issues! Whew.

djspeece

#6 Post by djspeece »

marathon wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:16 pm It's been over a month now--no further issues! Whew.
Don't jinx yourself! :lol:
I had the same issue two days into treatment, eating yogurt of all things. Lots of bad words were uttered that day.

Best of luck to you!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying