Lateral going out

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

desertd

Lateral going out

#1 Post by desertd »

Noticed something looking through some old pics of my teeth. One of my laterals is going out of place. Thankfully not the one that used to be way out but the other one. It was almost in line back last August (bottom pic) but has drifted out of line (top, Wednesday). Going to ask my ortho of course but have any of you had anything like this happen?

That said I notice too some nice arch expansion on top.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Metal Damon braces on 3/27/2019 - Sentence 24-30 months - Class II overbite, crossbite. Braces removed 2/10/2022 (34.5 months), positioner since 3/2/2022. My story: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=54263

jem

Re: Lateral going out

#2 Post by jem »

It looks from your bottom photo as if all your top teeth were tilted inwards. This lateral now appears to be about where it should be and has perhaps reached its correct position earlier than your incisors. I suspect this is all detailing work which your ortho will be sorting out in the coming months.
Good luck with the rest of your treatment!

jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

desertd

#3 Post by desertd »

That would make sense. My top teeth did point in quite a bit; in fact my top front teeth were starting to bite into my bottom front teeth.

I am excited to see how my teeth continue to sort out in the next several months. They already look so much better and I don't have the pain I used to with that snaggle tooth, which between that and my bite, is why I got braces.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Metal Damon braces on 3/27/2019 - Sentence 24-30 months - Class II overbite, crossbite. Braces removed 2/10/2022 (34.5 months), positioner since 3/2/2022. My story: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=54263

Carno

#4 Post by Carno »

I wouldn't worry too much about it,my teeth have been moving in and out of perfect placement since I got my braces on. Each adjustment does something a little different, and it takes a little while for them to settle into place. I think it's fairly normal for teeth to move out of place and then back in to place over the course of an orthodontic treatment. The final result is what's most important, obviously.

desertd

#5 Post by desertd »

20200910_115613(1).jpg
Got a power chain today. Would that help tip the teeth out further or is that mostly the archwire that does that? I know it'll close the gaps though.

desertd

#6 Post by desertd »

I think the chain is already working on that lateral a bit and/or the front tooth next to it.
20200914_093639(1).jpg