Extended treatment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

clh5086

Extended treatment

#1 Post by clh5086 »

Did your ortho charge more if the treatment time was extended significantly? Luckily mine will not, but I did sign an agreement in the beginning that if I needed to, additional costs may occur. I was just curious how this is for other offices!

desertd

Re: Extended treatment

#2 Post by desertd »

Following. I don't remember anything in my contract about that but of course that doesn't mean it wasn't in there. Worried about that a bit because my molars are taking a while to fix and I'm worried about going over the quoted time. I was quoted 30 months and am paying for 32.
Metal Damon braces on 3/27/2019 - Sentence 24-30 months - Class II overbite, crossbite. Braces removed 2/10/2022 (34.5 months), positioner since 3/2/2022. My story: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=54263

djspeece

#3 Post by djspeece »

Mine did not, per the contract. My initial 2 year plan ended up being 3. I think most of them realize that the initial plan is really just an educated guess.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

assertives

#4 Post by assertives »

It wasn't in my contract explicitly that I have to pay if treatment overran, but it was indicated that my package included 18 + 2 visits (which works out to 1.5 years + the installation and debanding visits). My treatment ended up taking a year and 4 months longer than the initial estimate of 1.5 years. I wasn't charged for the additional time.

Jethro

#5 Post by Jethro »

During my previous round, treatment time was estimated at 18 months but took 30. There was no additional charge. My current round was estimated at 12 months, but I'm now in month 28. There's been no mention of additional fees (although I will be paying for an extra set of retainers).