braces to go back on- 3 weeks after taken off!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rubyteeth

braces to go back on- 3 weeks after taken off!

#1 Post by rubyteeth »

Hello, Everyone.
I'm 48 now, and had 2,5 yrs of ortho work for TMJ problems.. my braces came off 3 weeks ago and I LOVE my new face- it's made it all worthwhile (so for those of you who are still going- hang in there! )
BUT- sleeping at night with my new bite, doesn't work. it's just as painful as before and in some areas even worse.
My original ortho retired and my treatment was taken over by someone else for the last 18 months...
I've been back to the practice- and the new girl there ( brilliantly motivated new grad) called in the retired boss and they have asked me to put the braces all back on again, full teeth, for another 12 months... he's not happy with the result and will oversea the rest of it...
I have agreed, as I'm an old hat it this braces thing now, but has anyone else had this happen?
Rubyteeth

middleagedladywithbraces.com

Jethro

Re: braces to go back on- 3 weeks after taken off!

#2 Post by Jethro »

Wow rubyteeth, that's unfortunate that your tmj issues have returned, but good to know that your ortho plans to make things right. There are other board members who are back in treatment after recent debondings...perhaps they may have some insight. I too am an adult relapse case, although my situation is very different from yours. Hoping you have a speedy resolution!

All the Best,

Jethro