Best sleep position & tips for clenching

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gatchi

Best sleep position & tips for clenching

#1 Post by gatchi »

Since finding out i clench ive done a good job of stopping it during the day but at night... not as much luck. Trying to find a comfy position without my teeth touching is very hard. And when i try to relax my jaw completely in bed, i have trouble breathing. I have no idea how normal people sleep (ive clenched as long as i can remember) and my ortho is no help.

Please no "stress reduction" tips — i really doubt thats the problem for chronic clenchers and i dont have a stressful life anyway. Yes stressing makes it worse but not stressing doesnt make it go away.