INPUT NEEDED: New Message Board Ideas???
The new ArchWired site will launch before the end of this month. After it is done, I am considering also upgrading this message board.
I'm aware that a lot of people seem to go to Facebook these days for forum-type advice. I'm not really keen on using Facebook as a medium for this sort of thing for a number of reasons:
1. It is incredibly difficult to control spammers and trolls on Facebook.
2. I don't want to turn it into one of those groups where every post must be approved before it appears (I don't like the delay, and don't want to have to police every single thing that people write).
3. Old topics disappear from the radar very quickly on Facebook, making it difficult to find information (even with a search feature).
4. The search feature on Facebook is weak and virtually useless.
5. A lot of people are dumping Facebook these days and many younger adults don't use it at all.
6. I don't want people to have to be registered and logged in to be able to search and read information.
7. The current Metal Mouth Message board is ad-free! (And even if we did put ads on it in the future, they would be for dental products only).
With that said, if you have any ideas for improving the Metal Mouth Message Board, please post them below, or email me privately at: email@example.com. Currently, we run on phpBB, but I would be open to changing to a different forum software.
Also, if you WOULD like to see a Facebook group IN ADDITION to this message board, let me know.
I appreciate any and all ideas or comments.
Lynn (the site owner)