Braces for the second time

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Johnnyboy

Braces for the second time

#1 Post by Johnnyboy »

After finishing treatment and having my braces removed 18 months ago. I was never happy with the end result. My teeth didn’t look perfectly straight and my bite wasn’t correct. I’ve been back to the orthodontist about this and she wasn’t really interested and said everything was fine. I’ve since been to another orthodontist for a consultation and they were very helpful and informing. Today i have an appointment at 11,45 to have both top and bottom braces fitted again. I’m going for the self ligating metal braces. Hopefully the pain won’t be as bad this time.

Johnnyboy

Re: Braces for the second time

#2 Post by Johnnyboy »

Hi Zane,

All went well thank you. The orthodontist and team was very nice and they explained everything clearly as they were fitting the braces. It took just over an hour to get the braces on. They also fitted power chains to both arches! She said the expected treatment time would be 12 months.

Since the braces have been on I have a bit of tightness but other than that it’s pretty good.