is this ok/common? (regarding loose brackets)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mariyu

is this ok/common? (regarding loose brackets)

#1 Post by mariyu »

So I went to the doctor to fix one loose bracket and it came out again as he was fixing the wire, and again moments later. all in one session. so then the doctor just decided to remove the bracket on that one tooth completely...

assertives

Re: is this ok/common? (regarding loose brackets)

#2 Post by assertives »

No, it's not common. Which tooth is this? Is this a crowned tooth? The glue tend to not bond very well with crowns compared to natural tooth enamel. It could also be that your bite is awkward now and is biting off your bracket. Which could be why your ortho is leaving it off until your bite is not in the way. In any case, do ask your ortho if you are unsure.

mariyu

Re: is this ok/common? (regarding loose brackets)

#3 Post by mariyu »

[quote=assertives post_id=507850 time=1564135265 user_id=30576]
No, it's not common. Which tooth is this? Is this a crowned tooth? The glue tend to not bond very well with crowns compared to natural tooth enamel. It could also be that your bite is awkward now and is biting off your bracket. Which could be why your ortho is leaving it off until your bite is not in the way. In any case, do ask your ortho if you are unsure.
[/quote]
No it’s not crowned. Just a normal premolar. My bit is hella weird now but I’m definitely not biting that bracket off Cos there’s actually like a small gap. Also the couple of times he re-fixed my brackets after they are loose they are always in different positions. So confusing..